Thankfully, while we were there a few weeks ago, and Joel and my Dad were able to tackle it in an afternoon!
I have no idea of the exact process, but there was this
and this
and this

and finally this
and this
Let me see if I can give you a better idea of her reaction :-)
To say that the kids love it is completely an understatement. As soon as it was up and ready they all ran to it and were so excited to get their turn on it! After dinner, they couldn't wait to get back out to it. It was such a great idea.
While my Dad and Joel were building the swing, my favorite niece and I decorated cupcakes for Papa's birthday.

Kitty is very creative, so we decided to do tie dye cupcakes. She did a Great job and they were delicious!

To do this icing, we painted the inside of a pastry bag with food coloring, the gel works best.
We had a great time doing it, and eating them!We all love the swing Papa, what a great idea. Ruthie can't wait to come back and swing some more!
5 comments:
OMG, my girls would love to make those cupcakes! We will be trying those soon!
The picture of your mom on the swing just cracks me up... too cute!!
What a great idea! And I agree with Leah: the picture of your mom makes me smile:)
I love the cupcakes too! I had heard of doing this technique before but never had seen it done. And to think that it turned out so cute and was easy makes it even better!
that swing looks so picturesque... is that the right word?!
and i LOVE those cupcakes... my husband (who insists anything can be tie-dyed) would love those, too!!!
...i just love that picture of ruthie and joel on the swing...
and your caption for your dad pushing you! hahaha
I love the idea of the tie dye cupcakes, I've never seen that!! Next year...
The swing is awesome. What a fun thing for a G&P to have!
Post a Comment