Friday, September 17, 2010

Reason 655 why I love the Miracle Blanket

It's no secret we treasure our miracle blanket. As I've mentioned, it is now my go-to baby shower gift and what I think is our top baby item for the first few months of life.

However, I have a new reason why I love it, and now I am even more loyal to this company.

I bought our miracle blanket off Ebay (I like a deal), NOT through the actual Miracle industries. I bought it 3 months ago and have used it at every nap and bedtime since.

A few days ago, I noticed it was getting a hole in it

I was bummed out as I was hoping it would last through any future children we are fortunate enough to have, but figured with as much use as it was getting, I'd already gotten my money out of it a few times.

I decided to go to the company's website and see what they said about it. Much to my surprise here is what I found:

DEFECTS:
If your blanket has any type of manufacturer defect, we will replace the blanket at any time, forever.

DAMAGE:
If your blanket is damaged in any way - even if it's because your baby's older brother ran it through your paper shredder – we will replace the blanket at any time for up to four months after your original purchase.



I sent the company an email with a photo of the hole to see if they could help me out seeing as I didn't purchase it from them and here was the response:

I can have a new one sent out right away. I just need your color preference. (If you ordered the original from us, your order number would be helpful but is not required.) The special edition with embroidery is no longer
available, but we do still have a mint with purple trim if that's the one you would like. You can see a full list of available color selections here: http://www.miracleblanket.com/cart

When you receive it, to avoid being billed for the replacement, just send the old one back within 30 days using the included postage-paid return envelope. We'll repair it if necessary and then donate it to a charity that works with specially-challenged babies.



Talk about customer service, they're even paying for me to return my damaged one so they can fix it and donate it! Besides USAA (another post for another day), I haven't had this great of service in a long time. I sent in my email at 9pm on Tuesday, had a response at 8am on Wednesday and my brand new miracle blanket in the mail on Thursday! I was even more surprised because I didn't purchase it from them, but that didn't matter to them.

I will be a loyal, recommending customer to this company for a long time. If you need a baby shower gift, this is the one to get!

3 comments:

lee and hannah said...

something tells me you're going to find a way to make that into a prom dress one day ;)

j/k... a little bit... :-D

it IS great to have great customer service & well-thought-out, helpful baby products!!!

...ps, i sent you an email about eden's onesie :)

Katie said...

I've heard such great things about these blankets... I will add it to my "must get" baby list. :) Thanks for the info.

Tara said...

Wow, what customer service!!!!! I am very impressed:)