Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good Eats

I thought I'd post a few more of our favorite foods lately. One of our favorite meat dishes currently is courtesy of my Mother in Law, Judy (Thanks Judy!). While she was here over this summer, she introduced us to herb marinated soy lemon steak. She used flank steak, marinated it, grilled it and sliced it very thinly across the grain. It was delicious! We've modified it to include chicken and man is it good. Here is our modification while we wait for flank steak to go on sale!

Take 2 thawed chicken breasts and cut them into cubes. Then marinate them in:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
whatever herbs I have. Lately I've been using the italian blend probably about 2 T or so.

I only marinate it for about 30 minutes at the most because it has strong, great flavors.

Then I saute it in a pan and voila!Quick and easy and delicious! Usually, we can split one chicken breast for dinner, but I make 2 to have some for Joel's lunch the next day. This is so good, his lunch the next day usually ends up being PB & J!

With this, we usually have smashed potatoes and asparagus. I wash the asparagus and snap off the ends, then dry them thoroughly. Put on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with montreal steak seasoning (which I'm convinced makes everything better!). Pop it in the oven at 425' for about 8 minutes and eat up! Good Stuff, quick and easy!!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

leah said...

We do the same thing with our asparagus! That chicken marinade sounds delicious though, and I love quick 30 minute ones where the flavor is still strong!! Thanks for sharing!