weight- 12 lbs 15 oz (34 %)
Height-24" (47%)
Let me just say, I think their height measurement is really inaccurate. They lay her on the table while she's squirming and mark with a pen her head and her feet, while she moves. Any way you look at it, she's a pipsqueak! Joel calls her petite :-)! I can't imagine having a huge baby, my arms are sore everyday from that carseat now!
Here are some of the things that happened in our sweet baby's fourth month of life:
-Ruthie found her hands on about August 11 and has been fascinated with them. They are constantly in her mouth
-Still a swaddled girl and loving it
-Does the best on a schedule
-Had a growth spurt and a few nights of being up A LOT! It felt like we had a newborn again. Now she is back on track and sleeping from about 9:30-4:30 or so then back down until 7:30. *Edited to add, after Sept. 5, we went back to the newborn sleeping schedule, but since this is month four, she slept great**
-Got to meet her Great Grandmaw and Grandpaw

-Loved meeting Auntie Jessica
-She is really liking the bumbo (Thanks Annie!!)
-Lights up when she sees Daddy (one of my favorite things in the world)
-Is really loving books thanks to lots of fun reading time with Grandma
-She is doing GREAT at tummy time. Now that she can hold her head up and look around, it is way more fun
-Loves Ms. Flower and she has taken over the #1 spot from Mr. Octopus
-Had her first slumber party at Gigi and Papa's and did Great!
-She has started to try and roll from her tummy to her back if we put our hands on her feet so she can push off. I think its an accident, but it counts. **Update, after month 4 ended, she rolled over**
-I get 2 comments pretty much whenever I take her out, the first is, "Wow, she is Long". I just tell them she gets it from me. :-)
The second is from people who know us and tell me how much she looks like Joel. Come on, I thought we were twins :-).
-Started playing the nap time game of smiling and cooing when we come in.
-She is really loving the saucey (what we call the exersaucer).
-Started facing forward in the Bob stroller. She is really liking that a lot more and so are we! It makes it much easier to go for walks and she looks like such a big girl!
-She pretty much only wants to stand and has been supporting her weight standing since about week 7. She's got strong legs!
-Got to see and play with her cousins a few times and Loved it!
-I got the deal of the year off craigslist for a jumperoo and she Loves it! Now our house is completely overtaken with baby toys. I love it.
I know I say this every month, but this is (again) my favorite month. She is interactive, happy, cooing, immobile, strong, and can hold her own weight. I hit the jackpot with this baby and am so incredibly blessed to be at home with her.
5 comments:
Yes, you are very blessed. She is adorable!:)
she is SO cute!!
P.S. I fixed the video on my blog. I didn't mean to make it private. I'm glad you let me know!:) Thanks!!
Getting bigger and more fun every day!
I totally agree about the height measurement at the doctor's office. I think they can be off by 1-2 inches (which is too much!), because I've had friends say their kids were X inches at the doctor, and then I'd stand Emma next to them and she'd be much taller or shorter, even if we both had the same measurement from our doctor's office!
Such a cutie!!!! So glad that all went well at the doctor and that she is enjoying the Exersaucer and Johnny Jump up. Between those and the Bumbo, that's how I get anything done as the kids are happy to be in them!
Post a Comment