I started my journey on Fly Lady, (thanks Jacki!) shined my sink and off we went. I've been doing the baby steps and man does it make a difference in the way I feel to have a clean house (or at least a few clean rooms, baby steps right!). I've been shining my sink every night, and it starts my day off so much better. Joel really likes having the sink clean also. Who knew something so small could make such a big deal!
We do have hot spots as evidenced by the bench in the back of this picture. All the stuff on the bench in the background is waiting to go down to the storage room downstairs. For us, being able to see the floors, table and couch (and not a single load of laundry waiting to be folded) is a huge deal.

The kitchen is a place we really enjoy now also. Since Joel put in our Laundry room our kitchen life expectancy has about doubled. The cabinets and more importantly countertops aren't crammed with food, dishes, pans, tupperware, etc. We still need to find homes for some things, but its a major accomplishment so far. That pile in the corner of the picture is mail. I have no idea where you put mail when you don't have an entry way? I think I have a block on thinking outside the box for that.

A quick shout out to Joels latest projects, love the new light fixtures. Before there were swirly fluorescent bulbs sticking out of the ceiling!

And what he's been working on at nights. We're using some of the furniture that came with the house for the nursery furniture. It has anything but a nursery feel so we're (He) is refinishing it. I'll have another post of the process and outcome, but here is the start. Side note, where do you get cute, inexpensive hardware online? Is it cheaper than Lowes?

His next project to sand, paint and refinish will take a bit longer, but is going to look so much better! Ignore the junk, we're trying to scale back :-)

My next project is the nursery. Thanks to my sister, I found some cute bumpers on Craigslist that I love and I think will be perfect to make the other parts of the room extra cute. I didn't want the bumper to be the focal point since they'll be in the crib such a short time.

I wish I could find the quilt online, but haven't had any luck so far, so I'll keep looking. The next step is to find window treatments, pick a paint color, paint the walls and then tackle this:
That is all the cute stuff Ruthie got at the Baby shower in Washington. It all needs to be washed, hung and organized.I need to make a list and prioritize but I love wanting to get all this done. I will post with updates and completed projects, but for now its a start and It means we're getting that much closer to meeting our baby girl! I can't WAIT!
2 comments:
Yay for productive days and projects!!! They do make you feel so much better- Can't wait to see your updates!
PS. I've found good hardware at Lowe's... My parents bought all of theirs on Ebay, so check those two places!
Busy Busy Busy!!! Great job with the baby steps and good luck with all the projects y'all have going on-I know y'all can handle it!
Miss you!
Post a Comment