Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Christmas

TO ME! A few weeks ago Joel and I were talking about what we were going to do about Christmas presents this year and when Joel asked me what I would like, I knew immediately. The laundry room completed. He looked at me and told me he could do that, and of course, he could and he did. I LOVE IT!

We started with a very old, inefficient washer/dryer set that came with the house. It didn't really clean our clothes and who knows how much electricity and water they used. Another side note is that our house has next to zero storage. We were using all our countertops as a pantry and overlooking the massive amounts of clutter. With Baby Ruthie coming, we really needed to start figuring out the best way to organize our home.

Joel set out and got to work and last weekend finished it! I absolutely love it and love the fact that I can see our countertops now! Its a new world :-) and this has really changed the way our house works. It has amazed me how being able to use such a small space differently has such a huge impact.

Heres the before

And during the process
All the Storage! LOVE IT!
The shelves just waiting to be filled! Not to mention the washer and dryer that actually clean our clothes!

My Favorite Guy and is handy work. Thanks so much Joel, you are wonderful! I love you!

2 comments:

Jacki R. said...

I love the permanent smile on Joel's face!

leah said...

wow you guys really did add a lot of storage, great job!