Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toothie Ruthie

Thats right! We have our first tooth (and what looks to be like a second soon behind)! Neither Joel or myself had any idea teeth were coming at all in the near future based on the big gummy smiles we get all the time (And I haven't felt anything at all). Although Gigi did point out she was doing this a lot with her tongue, and she was right (Gigi always knows)On Friday after feeding Ruthie, she gave me a huge, gummy smile and I noticed her gum looked whitish. I reached in and felt it and sure enough, there was a little razor!

We've tried and tried to get a picture of the 1/100th of a millimeter tooth, but that is a lot harder said than done.
Here is the best attempt and you can't even see it!

We're so impressed with how she's handled it, Thursday night she was up more than normal but nothing other than waking up and getting settled back down.

She's an angel.

I'm being a complete sap about it too. I'm excited and sad. I'll miss those big gummy smiles and babies with teeth look so much older. She's growing up and Its happening so fast. I know everyone told me this would happen, but I didn't think it would be so fast! This weekend we have also lowered her crib, moved to a four hour schedule, gotten teeth, her hairs coming in and she's gone to kindergarten. Well, not really on the last one, but that is sure what it feels like!!

I am so thankful she is growing and developing and cannot understand this sap part of me, other than it just being part of being a Mom and not wanting her to grow up too quickly! I do know she's going to be so cute with little chompers!!

Hopefully she'll handle all her teeth this way, she's a cutie, Toothie Ruthie (courtesy of Aunt Nana).

5 comments:

Baze Days said...

Oh yay! 1st tooth!!! What a big girl.

Tara said...

Yay Ruthie! Sounds like you handled it like a champ:)

PS. If ever you need something to help her with teething, I love the Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets. They dissolve in their mouth and have worked great to settle my kids when they are teething. You can ask for them at Target in the Pharmacy dept.

TeresaG said...

awwww...her first tooth! don't worry about getting sappy! I still get teary eyed thinking about anything and everything Aiden related! She is a cutie...glad she doesn't seem to be in pain!

The Dixon Spot said...

Yay the 1st tooth! Cole has one coming in too and we have loved orajel! It has really helped us!

Erika Trevathan said...

You're right! She will be in kindergarten before you know it. I can certaintly vouch for that as I have two that have already been there. It is sad, but each new stage brings lots of new fun things to look forward to. And I agree with Tara on the Hyland's tablets. They do help! Wish Bella was handling the teething thing as well. She is drooling, fussy, and has gotten fluid behind her ear from the teething. Can't wait to see a pic of Ruthie's new tooth!:)