How is it that my sweet baby is closer to turning one than she is to being a newborn?? Time is going too fast! Here are a few things about month 7 (I figure at this point it goes without saying, but again this is my favorite month).
Things she loves:
-Papa!! Big Time.
-Chloe
-the jumperoo
-rolling EVERYWHERE
-the saucey and jumperoo
-Her stuffed giraffe, aka Raffie
-Cloth books with thick pages, baby's bible friends are her favorite right now (thanks Jacki!)
-Blowing bubbles. This stopped the entire month until about 5 days ago, now it is hilarious to her (and us)
-To eat real food! She chows down.
-Still a thrill seeker and loves her stomach dropping or being thrown in the air
-Favorite game is Where's Ruthie (or Mommy, or Daddy, or anyone)
-Loves her Paci.
-Loves the baby in the mirror
-The washing machine/dryer. She loves to watch the clothes go around and around.
-Still loves bathtime, and I think will graduate to the big tub just as soon as I can get a mat for it.
-Being in her high chair. I just bought her a fisher price space saver high chair and we love it. It doesn't take up any additional room and I think its going to be great to have her at the dinner table with us. Joel and I are really excited to be able to eat dinner together again!
-She loves water. She's getting better holding a sippy cup, but for now I just give it to her empty. She loves drinking out of a water bottle or the cup I'm drinking out of.
Nicknames: Ruthie Lou Hou, Little Lou, Ruthie-stiltskins (courtesy of Noni)
Size:
I'm guessing she's right around 15.5 lbs, based on our 'accurate' measurements.
She's fitting into 6 month clothes, but the length is getting short! I've started buying 9 month clothes just because of the length, even though they are really wide on her now.
Nighttime sleep: She's doing great. We've learned that Ruthie really likes her own bed and is not a fan of nighttime sleeping in pack n plays or anything that isn't her bed (which makes for really long nights away from home). The strange thing is she naps fine in them, just at night? Oh well. I'm very thankful she will sleep in her bed. She's sleeping now from about 8pm-4:30 am, then back down until 7am.
Naps: For the most part naps are pretty much the same, she sleeps from about 8am-10am, 11:30am-1pm, 2:30pm-4pm.
Eating: We're still on a three hour nursing schedule, which I'm going to try to move to a 4 hour schedule probably after the holidays. She is eating solid foods three times a day. Solid foods she's had are: yogurt, carrots, green beans, applesauce, sweet potatoes, avocado, bananas, cheerios, puffs. She has Loved every one of them, especially green beans which I thought was hilarious. She is doing great picking up cheerios/puffs and loves to eat them. Her dexterity improved about 100% at the end of this month and it happened in about 3 days.
Mobility: Oh man, she is hours from crawling.
She is also getting close to being able to go from sitting to a crawling position without face planting. She's accomplished a lot this month!
This months Firsts:
-Her first Thanksgiving which we got to spend with all of Ruthie's Aunts/Uncles and cousins!
-Her first Christmas tree lighting
-First time in the high chair
-Her first month without a bald spot! There are still no clips going in her hair, but its coming in steadily!
-Her first Christmas photo shoot, here are a few we didn't use!
Other: I'd like to ask for a moment of silence for the miracle blanket.
Thats right, we've said goodbye to it! We felt like now was the right time and it has gone surprisingly well. She stayed swaddled until the end of this month and last week we stopped using it. Its a bit tricky as she wants to be rocking on her hands and knees a lot, but other than that, she's doing great. I also put back up the bumper pads in her crib. She was running her head into the slats which had to hurt. Now that she can move on her own I feel like it is less dangerous. Do most of you keep your bumpers in?
She is also doing better in the car, we still have our moments but about 50% of the time she might sleep (about a 49% increase).
Thats about it! I sure love this baby!
9 comments:
our crib bumpers are still in... we never took them out.
love the updates!! :) crawling, here she comes!!!!
That outfit is adorable! My favorite picture of Ruthie yet! Such a beautiful girl!
I definitely am loving that outfit! So cute!! Ok, question. How old was Ruthie when you moved her from your bedroom to hers? Question #2. How did you fix the 4 month sleep problem?
P.S. The bow in Bella's hair is a lightweight narrow ribbon tied into a small bow and I use a dot of KY jelly on the bottom and stick it onto her head. The jelly dries in a couple of seconds and the bow stays until you wash her hair or brush it out:)
She's adorable, I love the pictures! Aren't all these "firsts" so much fun?! Beware when she really starts the crawling lol. Peyton started at about 6 months and literally in the past 3 days is crawling like a mad woman...there's no stopping her now!
Erika, I just saw your comment about the 4 month sleeping...or lack thereof. We had quite the time when Peyton hit the 4 month mark, she was doing the exact same thing waking up several times a night. I thought I was going to lose my mind, it was like having a 2 week old again! But rest assure that it does pass in a few weeks!
I've never seen a blue tutu and she is soooo cute in it!
Can't wait to see the non-rejected Christmas photos - that one of her and Chloe is pretty sweet!
Great update - I have one of those breathable bumpers (mesh-type thing) that has been in for a while now. Ruthie is a cutie, can't wait to see you both at the Holiday gift exchange playgroup this week! :-)
Love the blog grace! I need to do monthly updates on Aiden! Aiden still has his bumpers at 15 months...he likes to prop his feet up in them while he sleeps, it is so cute!! Ruthie is adorable! Happy 7 months!
Post a Comment