Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day Out with Daddy

Most of you probably don't know that I've started working again. The timing is good and the hours work well so we're grateful this opportunity has presented itself. Joel keeps Ruthie while I work and I am so thankful for that, it makes a 100% difference to me to know she's in the best hands and they're getting Daddy/Ruthie time.

I also never really understood what people meant entirely by work at home/stay at home Mom, and now I do. It takes things to a completely different level where being organized is so much more important and sleep goes even farther down the list!

This past weekend Joel and Ruthie went on an adventure by themselves while I worked. It was pouring rain and Joel took Ruthie to Costco (of course) and to a marina to see some boats. I am really impressed with the Costco run. He took her in Costco, in her stroller in the rain, got everything on the list and had no problems pulling the cart behind him. Super Dad.


Don't worry, he left the diaper bag in the car ;-)

He said she was so sweet the entire time happily squealing and completely content. I think she's really loving his full attention on her. I'm sure they were cute together.

Needless to say, I can't wait until Monday when I get to be with my sweet girl all day, but I know after having Ruthie over the weekend Joel would love to trade jobs with me! Who wouldn't. I have the best job in the world.

6 comments:

leah said...

SO cute!! Sounds like a great situation with Joel watching her while you are working!

Tara said...

Wow, that is wonderful that she gets to be with Joel while you work!!! Sweet time!

Erika Trevathan said...

I definitely understand how important it is to have your baby with your husband while you work! My husband watches our children while I work and vice versus. The peace of mind of knowing they are with their Daddy makes it so much easier to be away. Looks like Joel is a natural with Ruthie:)

Baze Days said...

Where are you working? I bet the extra money and social adult interaction is nice :) And even better that you can leave Ruthie with Joel..... that has to make it easier to leave!

Ginny said...

Yes, where are you working?! That is exciting!

Keely said...

So cute - love the pic of Joel & Ruthie together ... and you know I can completely relate to the challenges of being a stay @ home/work @ home Mom, it's tough and sleep is definitely at the bottom of the "to do" list! :-)