I kid you not, when I woke up this morning, the Dora song, we did it, we did it, we did it, was playing in my head. We don't even watch Dora so I don't know where that came from, but we made it to Thursday! Yipee!! First goal accomplished!
Today is 37 weeks, and while I'm still laying around and doing as little as possible (something that is driving me crazy, and driving Joel crazy that I'm doing more than he thinks I should), I feel like we can breathe a little easier and now work towards my goal of 39 weeks!
Heres my 37 week survey
How far along? 37 weeks exactly
Total weight gain/loss:
I think I'm at about 20 pounds, yesterday I weighed in at 135. I think when I had Ruthie I was at 142, so I think I'm about the same as I was with her.
Maternity clothes?
I hit the maternity jackpot from my friend Jennifer (THANK YOU!!). She mailed me 2 full boxes of cute cute stuff and it has been so nice to have some different things to wear. I am definitely wearing more of Joel's clothes now too!
Stretch marks?
Lots of veins but no stretch marks yet.
Sleep:
Ugh, sleep is taking a turn for the worse. I'm still taking tylenol pm, but my back wakes me up in the middle of the night. I've got the snoogle and I've tried other pillow options, but I think at this stage it just is what it is and with this size belly, my back is going to hurt.
Best moment this week:
Making it to 37 weeks and finding out there was no change from last Thursday! I was surprised since I've still been having contractions but am so thankful that she's holding off.
Making it to 37 weeks and finding out there was no change from last Thursday! I was surprised since I've still been having contractions but am so thankful that she's holding off.
Movement:
Wow! This girl can take my breath away. She knocks me in the ribs and Joel thinks she's trying to come out my side. She completely has her feet/legs (and arms I'm assuming) on my right side and just her back on my left. I get kicked almost in my back, its crazy. She is a much stronger kicker/shifter than Ruthie was.
Food cravings:
Eating has definitely slowed down, I'm not near as hungry and really can't eat very much at one sitting. After being in the hospital, I've laid off the sweet tea, but I'm loving Black Cherry soda. Who knew it was caffeine free?
Gender:
Still a girl...we hope!
Still a girl...we hope!
Belly Button in or out?
Ugh, I don't want to talk about it.
Wedding rings on or off?
On
What I miss:
I'm so happy to still be pregnant that I'm not going to comment on this, but it may or may not have to do with not having backaches anymore.
What I am looking forward to:
I am looking forward to meeting our sweet baby, and I'm also trying to enjoy these last few days as just the three of us. Its such a conflicting feeling. I had no idea the guilt I would feel about this in relation to Ruthie. I know rationally its irrational, but when we were in the hospital we both felt so guilty that she would wake up and we wouldn't be there, for a few days and that we were about to completely change her world. I feel guilty typing that out because we're so excited about our new baby, but man it is conflicting. I think thats normal? Or at least normal with all these crazy hormones. If not, we'll its us.
Other:
Wow, has Joel been working like crazy. Our house is almost completely put back together and looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe the difference and how much bigger and cleaner everything feels. I really need to get pictures up asap of all his hard work.
I think we've also 99% chosen a name. At this point (but not 100% until its on the birth certificate), her name is Lainey Wyn. We're 95% sure on the spelling of Lainey, but again not sold. It is the most natural way to sign it if you're writing it out, to us, so we'll see once we meet her. Wyn is after Joel's Aunt Wyn and His sister Jessica Wyn. What a relief! Plus, Ruthie says Naynie, which might be the cutest thing I've ever heard!
Alright sweet Lainey, we'll be seeing you soon and we can't wait!
I don't have any pictures from this week (that I'm willing to put online), but here is a cute picture of Ruthie after a day with her Daddy. let me just note this is FIRST time she has slept anywhere other than the crib, carseat or pack n play. She was WIPED!
5 comments:
Yay, I'm so glad you made it to 37 weeks! And I completely agree with the guilty feelings, but it does get better. Enjoy sitting around while you can :)
I cried on the way to the hospital to have Savannah. Not because of the contractions but because I was so sad for Caedmon. Would he be scared, would he miss us, would be hate us, what are we doing to his little world. They are 19 months apart and he loves her more than words. He doesn't remember life before her and they are the best of friends. You're giving Ruthie a sibling, a friend for life. She's going to be okay, but you already know that. I just wanted to reassure you that what you are feeling is completely normal and you're not alone.
yeah you made it!!! I love the name, so so cute what Ruthie calls her too!
I really like these through-the-pregnancy surveys that you share with us! It's such a great idea and will be great to look back on. Let's hear it for 37 weeks!!
So happy for you! And love that you are going to name her Lainey! That is so cute with Ruthie :) And yes, all the feelings you are having are very normal!
Post a Comment