Monday, October 3, 2011

Fun Fun Fun

Last week, Ruthie and I went home with my Mom for most of the week, while Joel and my Dad laid down our new floors (another post coming). We had a great time at Gigi's house and got to spend lots of time with Noni, Matt and Kitty. Unfortunately, Will was sick so we didn't get to see Nana, Will and Jay but for a minute.

While we were in town, my sweet friend from high school, Lori of Lori Hundley photography offered to take maternity pictures for me and pictures of me and Ruthie. She is incredibly talented and fun. She is also a fantastic hair dresser (who cut my hair a few days later!). It was a one stop shop and so much fun!! I wish we lived closer to one another.

Ruthie and I went to her house, she fixed my hair (which made ALL the difference in the pictures) and then we went to a family's home with all sorts of neat barns around. It was gorgeous. They had a horse, which of course Ruthie loved. She took a bunch of pictures and got some really good ones I love.
I really treasure these pictures and wish Joel could've been there so we could've gotten some family pictures, but I think once we're a family of four we'll have to do that!
One thing I told her that I really appreciated (in addition to all the time, energy and talent she used) was that she took the time to fix me up. I don't think there are many times at 36 weeks pregnant you feel pretty and she gave me a few hours of feeling pretty. It also has inspired me to 'fix myself up' more often (plus Joel's reaction to the pictures). After getting sick this summer, taking a shower seemed like an ordeal, I just couldn't really do anymore than that. Now, I've been making more of an effort to look decent and its making me feel better overall. I know the days of not having time to shower are coming (very soon) so I'm trying to spend these last few weeks at least looking clean ;-).
It was also really nice to have a friend take these pictures because we could laugh through them, I was completely comfortable with her and she knew my personality and took our pictures accordingly.
A very appropriate picture of Ruthie's favorite sign, more!
By the end of it, Ruthie was done. She was wiped, hot and tired. She did also take an incredible afternoon nap ;-).

Thank you so much Lori for taking our pictures, I love love love them and it was great getting to spend the afternoon with you and your family!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love them too, Grace! You look beautiful and I love the one of you and Ruthie on the gliding bench!

lee and hannah said...

grace... you look AMAZING! like a model!! love these pics... she did a super job!

Erika Trevathan said...

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous Grace! She did an awesome job. You will def have to get her to do some family pics once the baby is born!!:)