Written April 4, 2011
Well, after what seemed like the longest 6 weeks of my life, we went to the doctor today and got to see our sweet tiny baby on ultrasound. Everything looked great, the heart rate was high (182), they told me anything over 185 is cause for concern, so that was a little too close for comfort! Thankfully still in the normal range though.
The baby looked just like a little teddy graham and was moving its arms! I measured at 9 weeks 4 days and our due date is Nov. 3, 2011! Which is almost 18 months to the day after Ruthie's birthday! Wow.
Wow.
It definitely made it more real today and very exciting. It was fun to see the ultrasound, that is always my favorite part! I can't believe we're having another baby, I am so excited! If this baby decides to come when Ruthie did at 39 weeks, 4days.....Halloween baby! Really, a cinco de mayo and Halloween baby?!?! Its nice to have good reasons for those holidays I suppose!
We will be able to find out the sex the first week of June and definitely will. Joel and I have both had dreams it is a boy, but we'll see! I've been calling the baby a he, so hopefully if its a girl, she won't hold it against me ;-)! The ultrasound tech and doctor said that higher heartbeats tend to be girls...we'll see!
I still can't believe it, but seeing that sweet tiny baby's heart just beating made it just a little more real!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't the anticipation of a new baby just so much fun!? And even though there are not so fun parts of pregnancy, it really is such an awesome experience! The gender u/s is not to far away now. Can't wait to see whose guess will be right!!:)
P.S. I have no idea why my blog isn't allowing comments? I tried to adjust the settings, so I hope that fixes it!:)
Post a Comment