Monday, May 23, 2011

6 weeks...I think

*Thanks for all your sweet comments, here are a few early posts from March!

Written March 12, 2011


Its now been about 2 weeks since we found out I'm pregnant and we've told our families and a few close friends. It still doesn't feel real. I think after we got to the doctor in a few weeks it will. I can't wait for the ultrasound!

I'm definitely feeling different, pretty tired, but really different than when I was pregnant with Ruthie. The past few days, I've had intense moments of feeling like either I'm completely starving or I'm going to throw up and I haven't been able to tell which it is. Each time, I've eaten something and for the most part felt better.

I feel like I'm eating like a cow. Last night I ate four (count them FOUR) slices of a large pizza. That is half of an entire pizza, also known as way more than Joel ate. After eating, I didn't feel sick, I felt so much better, it was so strange to me.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have the cravings side of pregnancy this time that I missed out on last time. In the last 2 days, I've wanted a bbq sandwich (which I want about once every 2-3 years), spaghetti and meatballs, pizza (and lots of it), and pretty much all things meat. Strange enough, sweets aren't appealing to me. Just salty, salty, salty! and more salty stuff. That really makes me realize I'm pregnant! It seems really early to be feeling like this? Maybe because I missed out last time, I just assume it happens later on?

I'm trying to eat as much as I can also because I'm still nursing Ruthie. I'm going to keep on as long as I'm able but am not going to overdo it. I'm hoping we can make it 2 more months (until her 1st birthday), we're so close.

I definitely have a pooch and that is a lot sooner than the last time! This is going to be a completely opposite pregnancy (with regards to the time of year), so I guess I need to get some maternity shorts. I do love my maternity jeans, so we'll see if I get to wear them!

Thats all for this week! Praying the sickness stays away!

Written March 20, 2011

As Joel has said many times, we're really not going to be able to keep this a secret much longer! Not because we don't want to, but because I look 4-5 months pregnant! I can't believe how much faster this has happened and just how pregnant I look! People aren't joking when they say you pop quicker the second time around.

I really assumed all pregnancies would be similar and so far this is very different from when I was pregnant with Ruthie (thankfully). I definitely have many, many moments of feeling sick, but as long as I eat something (or a lot of something) I generally feel better quickly. Pretty much at all times, I have a sandwich, a few granola bars and a bottle of water. I'm going to be gaining weight quickly at this pace!! With Ruthie I couldn't put anything in my mouth without gagging or throwing up, I will take it.

The other symptom is the fatigue, and I've gone back to sleep when the baby sleeps advice! When Ruthie naps, I'm asleep. The one piece of advice I have for pregnant Mama's with their first baby, if you're tired sleep, because next time, your little one needs you whether you're tired or not!

I can't believe we've known I was pregnant for three weeks! That time has really gone by quickly and I can't wait to go for the ultrasound. It feels like forever and I think by the time we go, I'll be 10-11 weeks! Hopefully we'll be able to get a good shot of our sweet baby then!

I wasn't joking when I said I was eating like a cow. I have gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks!!! YIKES!!

6 comments:

The Dixon Spot said...

HOLY CRAP - Why did I not see this before??? Congrats!!! WOW - you are really going to be supermom!!!! Hope you are feeling great!

Tara said...

Grace, I'm so glad that you are not as nauseas as you were with Ruthie! Maybe it's a boy? I can't wait to see your belly shot!

Jamie said...

I am sooo excited for you guys!!

Erika Trevathan said...

Praise the Lord you are not as sick with this pregnancy! I am in agreeance. Maybe a boy? Each of my three pregnancies I was sicker than the one before and I have all 3 girls. With Bella, I had an IV rotated every 3 days for 2 months. Here I was in an ED taking care of patients with an IV in my own arm as well. I just assumed the severe nausea was a girl pregnancy thing. So maybe this is a boy for you? Either way Ruthie will have a playmate very close in age. How exciting! I am praying you will continue not to have any nausea and vomiting and that your energy is starting to return!:)

lee and hannah said...

WHAT?!?!? congrats!!!!! a welcomed surprise or planned?? i'm so super happy for you guys!!

TeresaG said...

Congratulations Grace...best of luck during your pregnancy!!!