Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cinco de Ruthie-Month 12

Man oh Man, what an awesome year, what a gorgeous girl, we're absolutely crazy about her. Here are Ruthie's month 12 updates!

This Month she Loves:
-Still Chloe and really any dog period. Absolutely loves all of them.
-balloons
-ducks
-her cute friends
-her kitchen
-Her Daddy
-a blanket. I wish I'd pulled a blanket off the bed months ago. She pile drives herself into it, loves to be covered up, get under the tent. It is awesome.
-Music. She loves to dance to it, its really cute!
-bubbles
-the beach! eating shells, the whole sha-bang.

Size:
-We're heading to the doc next week for her 12 month well baby check, I'll update then. I think she's probably around 19 pounds??
**Update-she weighs 19 pounds 15 ounces, almost a 20 pounder!

Sleep:
-She's doing great. She goes down in the evenings between 7pm-7:30pm and sleeps til about 7am-7:30am. Its amazing.

Naps:
-She has been a super napper this month. She's been sleeping from around 8:30am-9:30am, and 12:30-3pm, sometimes 3:30pm. Its awesome. I'm convinced everytime I get her up from a nap, she has grown an inch.

Eating:
-She is a super eater! She eats a lot! She still doesn't like bananas, not thrilled with carrots. She absolutely loves grapes. I think she would eat grapes continuously if she could. She loves goldfish, cheese, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, veggie burgers, broccoli, potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, spaghetti, etc. She pretty much eats almost everything (except of course bananas).Drinking:
-Ruthie is officially weaned! She absolutely loves whole milk and that has made the transition so much easier! I think she's going to start packing on the pounds now too! I've been giving her horizon's organic whole milk (which they thankfully have coupons for), and have been really happy with how its gone. She also loves water, and still could care less about juice, which I'm thankful for.

Mobility:
-She is definitely a walker. She walks more than she crawls and is getting pretty stable. She still has a little wobble, which we think is really cute!

Nicknames:
-Ruthie Lou, I think thats the one

Words:
-Still mainly babbling and putting two syllables together.

Teeth:
-Still four on the top and four on the bottom. I keep thinking her molars must be coming because she is chewing on her fingers like crazy, but nothing yet.

Other:
-She started clapping. Completely out of the blue she just looked as us and started clapping, and she loves doing it. Its very cute.
-She always wants to climb on anything. The stairs, chairs, your head, whatever. She is a climber.
-She seems to be doing better with crowds of people. She still really doesn't like loud, shocking noises and prefers calmer things, but is getting better.
-She pretty much wants me to put her down at night.
-She loved her birthday which was something I wasn't sure would happen! I think the separation anxiety easing up really helped.
-Her first Easter and first three Easter egg hunts. We learned she absolutely loves Easter eggs.

If this was the first year, I can't wait to see what comes the second year of her life. We are so incredibly thankful for her and the joy she has brought to our family!

2 comments:

Erika Trevathan said...

12 months... WOW! Isn't it amazing how they just start out as a little blob and just morph into a little person in one year. And yes the first year is great and every year is different and full of new adventures! And each child is a whole different experience. LOTS to look forward to!!:)

Jamie said...

I really need to see you guys!