Thursday, February 3, 2011

The best 30th birthday yet!

When I was about 15, I met Jamie. That hot mama below is her...That means we've been friends over half our lives (well.....at least over half Jamie's life ;-) We went on to become college roommates in a dorm and later an apartment. We had so much fun together and have lots of great stories.


Our friendship is one I completely treasure. We have grown much closer over the years and she is one of the people I know I will always be able to count on, no matter what the situation, good or bad. As I've gotten older, being able to say that about a person really means a lot, as I don't think there are many people you can say that about wholeheartedly. She is one of them.

Last weekend Jamie's hubby David planned a fantastic 30th birthday celebration for her. I had to work Sat. and Sun. so we drove down early Saturday morning and after work, headed to her birthday party while Gigi and Papa watched Ruthie. We will call Ruthie Ms. Fussypants Separation Anxiety to the max. Thank you Gigi and Papa, Ruthie said she's sorry and she will be nice if you come here ;-).

After we left a really mad baby, we headed to the party. Here is me and my Good looking date...apparently we were REALLY happy about getting this picture taken

The party was great, there was a Black jack table
and roulette table.
I'd never played before and it was a blast. There were door prizes (which neither Joel and I won, we bet all our chips on the last hand, no Vegas for us!!).

Of course the people were the best part of the party. This party was packed with pregnant and new(er) Moms. The best part was that a good number of the pregnant Mom's had been trying for a baby for years, so to be able to see so many people there who were pregnant was just awesome.

We had delicious appetizers and cake

fun times

and great company all night

Thanks so much to Jamie for turning 30!

I am so thankful for you and the 15 years we've been friends. Here's to the next 80 (we'll live that long right?). I will leave you with my absolute favorite picture from the entire weekend. I love these guys! This is the perfect birthday picture and I hope it makes the scrapbook.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I feel so important! A blog about my party! It wouldn't have been the same without you and Joel, and I'm so glad you made the drive. 15 years... that's hard to believe, but we've been through thick and thin, and you are one of the true treasures in my life.
BTW - great job with the pictures, especially the last one ;)

The Dixon Spot said...

Ohhh she looked beautiful!!!! She is one of the most wonderful and dependable persons in the world! I always wanted to be just like her when I was younger!!!!

Kay said...

Oh Grace how sweet. Thank you for being the official photographer!! I really had a good time too and it was so nice to see you and Joel. See you again in June with sand in our shoes!!

Lydia said...

Grace, when I make lists of my family members, ash and slate are always included. And my parents went to the same bible college as ash's and jamie's parents. Crazy! How do I not see y'all more often? Miss u.