Thursday, November 4, 2010

San Diego Part 2

Another first while we were in San Diego was the Merry Go Round! We waited on this one until Joel was out of class, then walked back over to Seaport Village and off they went. I would like to point out that Joel and Ruthie were the ONLY ones on the merry go round and
it. was. flying!
I would also like to point out I have become that Mom who is waving, taking a million pictures and videos, making high pitched noises in public, and I LOVE IT!

Since they had their pick of any animal, Joel picked a white horsie that went up and down. Who wants those non-moving animals anyways! Remember, she's a thrill seeker. They both loved it, although Joel said Ruthie was more interested in the shiny gold pole than the merry go round, but it was awesome. I absolutely love things like this.



fxdb



As soon as they got off, Ruthie was thoroughly sanitized!

We looked at doing something "San Diego", so we thought about Sea World, the zoo, etc. After realizing those prices don't fit into our budget trip, my best friend suggested we all go to UCSD's Aquarium. It was perfect! It was $12/person, which was great. They have an incredible aquarium which was small enough to do in between Ruthie's meals, and kept her attention the entire time! The backdrop wasn't too bad either!

This picture isn't the best, but shows a little bit of the huge tank they had. Ruthie loved it.
There were gorgeous fish
And a huge section devoted to sea horses, it was so neat.
Of Course we had to take pictures in the shark mouth
It was also decorated for Halloween, so we tried to take pictures on the bales of Hay. There wasn't anywhere to prop her up, so my arm had to be in the picture. Robin really knew how to make her happy!Taking it all in

She loved it.

She really loved the gift shop afterwords!! I think gift shops are going to be trouble in the future!

And my favorite picture from the trip. Robin was taking pictures for us, and we had no idea she took this one. I hope we have a picture like this every year!

4 comments:

Baze Days said...

What fun, fun adventures!!!! She gets more adorable every post!

Those placemats come in packs of 25. They are disposable and I get them at the grocery store. I could not live without them!

Erika Trevathan said...

LOVE the last picture! So sweet:) And isn't it just great when you realize you THAT mom!

Jacki R. said...

Love the two family pics in the shark's mouth and by the fountain at the end. So precious!

Tara said...

I love the last picture and the one of you in the shark's mouth! Such a fun trip!