We arrived in San Diego around noon (West coast time) and our hotel room wasn't going to be ready until around 4pm. We were hoping to get to spend a lot of time with one of my best friends, Robin, so this worked out perfect.
We went over and hung out with Robin until our hotel was ready (and by that time we were all spent).Of course, Ruthie absolutely loved Robin and was so excited to meet her (and I was so excited to see her!!).
Robin is a priceless friend who I know I can always count on, loves my baby, the list goes on and on. Thanks lp for taking so much time to hang out with us! And for letting Ruthie bonk you in the face over and over :-).
We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Downtown San Diego. Two thumbs up for this hotel. We loved it. Here are the main reasons:
-Free breakfast. Not just bagels and muffins, We're talking omelets made to order, french toast, pancakes, sausage, etc. It was delicious!
-Free pack n play, meaning I didn't have to lug our pack n play through the airport security, or pay to rent one there.
-All the rooms are suited, meaning my baby could nap in a quiet dark room and I didn't have to sit in the quiet, dark room while she slept!
-Free manager's reception in the evening with drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic) and snacks
-The location was great.
The location was perfect. It is right next to seaport village, which is a fantastic pedestrian area.
There were restaurants, shops, a merry go round (video coming) and all on the water. It was gorgeous and I felt safe walking with Ruthie and Robin while Joel was in class.It was also right across from the USS Midway. They offered tours, but we just looked from the street and took lots of pictures.

And more pictures

And more pictures
Next to the ship, there is the statue of the sailor kissing the girl after returning. I wasn't going to take a picture, but then I saw this guy (bottom right)

and couldn't resist :-). Joel and I got a kick out of that.
Ruthie had her first experience swimming! Here she is so excited to get in the pool

She loved it

couldn't stop kicking her legs and splashing and at one point completely dunked herself and thought nothing of it. Water baby for sure.
Here is the video proof! (no idea how to turn it, is it possible?)That about wraps up part one! Part two coming soon!
5 comments:
I am loving these posts about your trip! Keep them coming:)
PS. Ruthie's sweet smile is just adorable!!! What a cutie!~
Water baby for sure!!:)So sweet!
So much fun! I didn't know that some hotels even provided free pack-n-plays that is awesome! Ruthie is getting so big, she is so pretty!!
Sounds like a great trip! Great pictures too :) Miss you guys!
It's so cute how she loves the water! Splish splash. Man she's smiley!!
I haven't yet been able to correct a sideways video :(
Post a Comment