Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Eats-A secret

I've found a secret to making chicken fantastic.

About three weeks ago, I was scrambling to figure out what to make for dinner, and at the last minute just decided to go the simple route and make something better (ie-fancier) the next night. That night, Joel asked me multiple times what I did to make the chicken so good, and kept telling me how great it was. I was shocked.

Over the next few weeks, I did it again, and again. Each time, exact same response, How did I make this chicken so good?

Are you ready for my secret. Its a big one.







I put salt and pepper on it.


Seriously. That is it.


**I realize raw chicken is gross, it was after I took the picture I really realized it.

I heat some olive oil in a pan, sprinkle some sea salt and pepper on chicken breasts and saute them. I don't move the chicken in the pan until it starts to pull up on the sides,

then I flip it and let it cook a few more minutes and Voila! I still cut into it to make sure it is cooked, haven't quite mastered that part yet!

If I had known something so simple was so good, I wouldn't have been trying to cook elaborate dinners with all sorts of spices and flavors (that a lot of the time, doesn't turn out quite so good). Back to basics folks, and man is it good!

Maybe everyone does this, and I'm just now figuring it out, but I'm glad I am! If you haven't tried it, give it a shot, its definitely better than it sounds! Oh and turn your fan on while you cook it, the EVOO smokes up the kitchen!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I still cut into the meat to make sure it's done as well! :)

Jacki R. said...

Thanks, I'm going to try this! I cook a lot of chicken, but have never used sea salt. The flavor is important, because sometimes it's just too dry and bleh.

I cut into meat all the time. I don't know how else you would know it's done without looking inside!!

leah said...

I totally haven't tried this yet... will do though!! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

You're so cute, lol! It's amazing what salt and pepper can do and the flavors it can bring out. But don't worry, I still have to cut into my meats too, lol If I learn a secret for that I'll be sure to share! Miss you!