Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cinco de Ruthie Month 6



Wow! Month 6 has held a lot for this sweet baby! Of course, this is my favorite month yet (again).

Here are a few things she loves this month:
-Still loves the saucey
-Still loves the jumperoo
-Her cousins
-She now loves the swing (??) who would've thought it would take her 6 months to like it. She thinks its hilarious if you pretend to get her feet while she's swinging. We took her to the park on a big swing and she could've cared less. Maybe one day!
-The first part of the month, I was her favorite and could hardly put her down or hand her to anyone (even Daddy). The last week, its all about Daddy. She always wants him. Its sweet.
- She loves her toys and to play with them.
-She loves WATER! but only out of the cup you're drinking. Its hilarious. I've tried to give her a sippy cup, but its a little too early for her to make the connection. For now, we're just enjoying watching her drink out of our cups.
-She loves to Eat real food!
-She loves to be tickled, and is incredibly tickle-ish. If she decides she doesn't want to be tickled that moment (or she's tired) she really does NOT love it.
-She loves to be thrown in the air and cracks up and squeals. It is awesome!
-She still loves to be swaddled (thats right, at 6 months!!). I think we'll just continue it until she's 8 or 9. Just kidding. She can get out of it now if she wants to, and she does. But man, does that thing not only keep her little hands warm, it helps her sleep! I've started to let her sleep out of it more, even though neither of us want to give it up!
-She LOVES LOVE LOVES Chloe, big time.
-She loves it when you come in the room
-She loves peek-a-boo or Where's Ruthie?
-She loves the mirror
-She loves to para scope and see whats going on.
-She loves to Roll!
-She loves to grab EVERYTHING and of course put it straight in her mouth.
-She loves to get a bath, especially with her new bath toys from Grandma! She could care less if anyone else is around as long as those ducks are around! Side note-these ducks are the BEST! The heads float, but the rest of them sink so she can easily grab them. Thank you Grandma!!
-She loves to look out and see what's going on. She is a studier and takes everything in she sees! She is not quite as serious and will smile at strangers (if they smile at her) about 50% of the time (which is a 50% jump).

Nicknames:
Ruthiekins, Ruthie lou, Little Lou, Sweet girl

Size:
14 lbs, 11 oz (24%), Height 26.1" (64%), Head 43.4cm (77%-no surprise there!). Like she has been her whole life, she's long and skinny!

She's fitting right in 6 month clothing, and I think will probably be moving to 6-9 months quickly because of the length of things! Her eyes are still getting darker and are just gorgeous. The dimples are still super cute. She still looks like her Daddy, but a little less now that she's getting some pudge!

Night time Sleep:
Praise the Lord, she's knows how!! About a week before our California trip, she started sleeping from about 7:45pm-4am, eating, then back down until 7am. It is incredible! She's had a few nights of getting up when she's growing, but nothing like months 4-5. Hallelujah. Its amazing what sleep will do for you!!

Naps:
She is napping daily from about 8am-10am, 11:30am-1pm, and 2:30pm-4pm. Then she stays awake until about 8pm.

Eating:
Shes nursing 6 times a day and eating food 2 times a day and man, she loves it! The foods she's had thus far are-applesauce, avocado, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and bananas. Her absolute favorite is the squash/avocado puree. She downs enough to fill me up! So far I've made everything and can't believe how easy it is to do. Plus, its definitely saving us money and we know exactly whats going into her! The doctor told me I could start giving her meats ground up, so we'll see about that soon.

Mobility:
We've got a roller!! She can cover some ground rolling and has completely figured out that if she wants to get something, she can roll right over to it. She can also spin in circles on her belly...multiple times. She's able to creep and inch her way around on her tummy. She has figured out getting her knees up and almost under her, but hasn't quite put it together to crawl. We're just fine with her waiting to crawl!!
She's also started sitting. She went from this one week (this picture cracks me up, it looks so uncomfortable!)
To completely sitting up. She still topples occasionally, but for the most part she's got it

This Months Firsts:
-Her first airplane ride!
-Her first trip to the West coast and meeting Robin
-Her first Halloween
-Rolling from her back to her tummy
-Her first swim in the pool
-Her first merry-go-round
-We've started going to a playgroup that we both love! It has been great to be around other Mom's and baby's and one that is close by! We've also started hanging out with a few other friends. Its been so good to meet that are in our area! I wasn't sure when or how that would happen.-Her first bike ride, but thats on hold until we can get a helmet. Look how tiny she looks!!What she is close to doing:
-Rocking back and forth on her hands and knees
-Crawling
-Sitting without toppling over

Other:
-She is getting better and better in the carseat and actually sleeps in it sometimes! FREEDOM!

Every month with Ruthie gets better and better! She is so sweet and we love every second of this!!Does it get any sweeter than that picture?

8 comments:

Erika Trevathan said...

I just love the picture of Ruthie behind the bike. She looks so little sitting in there! What a sweet pea! And its funny you should mention bad sleeping in months 4 and 5 because Bella was sleeping wonderful but now that she is almost 4 months she is waking up several times a night!

Jen said...

I have been following your blog since you were pregnant with this little beauty. I love hearing the updates b/c it reminds me of all of Eli's firsts! Then it leaves me longing for another baby, then I have to mentally shake myself out of it for a little while longer! But seriously you guys have a seriously adorable little girl.

leah said...

I loved reading all her updates! She is seriously the cutest thing. Good for you to make all the food so far, I'm going to have to hit you up for tips on how to do it all!

Tara said...

Yay for Cinco-de-Ruthie! She is so beautiful: those eyes and dimples just make her irresistable! And what a good baby she is! Love reading her updates~ Such a smart, healthy, growing girl!

The Dixon Spot said...

She is just getting more and more beautiful!!!! I love reading about her!

Baze Days said...

I feel like she was just born! Happy 6 months Ruthie!

Jacki R. said...

I'm bringing a big spoon when I meet her, so I can gobble her up!!

Jess said...

I found your blog through a mutual friend (Hannah) and just wanted to let you know your daughter is adorable. It looks like our girls are the exact same age, Peyton was born on May 3rd :)