Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer time!

Every year we are fortunate enough to have Grandma and Grandpa trek all the way from the Pacific Northwest and visit us over the summer. This year we were able to spend almost three weeks with Grandma, 10 days with Grandpa and a surprise 8 days with Auntie Jessica! It was a great time!

We had a great time hanging out


reading books


snuggling Ruthie


playing INTENSE, almost 'get your hands taken off' games of dutch blitz (If you haven't heard of it, you should definitely get this card game, it is so much fun!!).


having family photo shoots on the beach (with Ruthie in the cutest dress courtesy of Aunt Nana!)


celebrating Grandma's birthday early


and Ruthie thought she was looking in a mirror :-) and LOVED IT!
We also ate like we were on vacation which was delicious! Jay and Joel went deep sea fishing one day, so we had fish for dinner and all sorts of other great food. Diet starts now!!


We had a great time having everyone here and are so fortunate that Ruthie has so many people who love her and want to spend time with her!


Lastly, here is one of the sweetest pictures so far of Ruthie. I know I say it all the time, but I really can't hardly stand how sweet she is!

5 comments:

leah said...

Ruthie is absolutely adorable! And seriously DIET? You look like you haven't even had a baby!

Tara said...

I totally agree with Leah! You don't need to diet at all~ You look great!

So glad you had such a good time with your family. I love all the things you did. And I will have to get some Dutch Blitz cards. I'm all about new games!

The Dixon Spot said...

Ha..do not say diet unless you gained 40lbs during your pregnancy! LOL

And yes, the last picture of Ruthie is ADORABLE!

Jacki R. said...

Those are all wonderful pics! Looks like a really great time together :)

I haven't heard of Dutch Blitz but looks like something worth checking into!

Erika Trevathan said...

Ruthie is sooo precious! Love the snuggling picture. Too cute!!:)