
Ruthie's third month of life has been great. Everyday her little personality seems to come out more and more. I'm guessing she is around 12 pounds now and she is completely filling out most of her three month outfits, in the length more than width. I had to clean out her drawers and take out most of her newborn clothes. I couldn't believe how sad it made me. I guess this happens with every stage. This must be how people get the baby itch? Not happening here, yet :-).
This past month Ruthie has grown rolls and chins and pudge. She is still long and lean, but filling out more and more. I love it. She is smiling so much now and seems to smile more daily. Her current likes are:
-her best friend in the whole world, Mr. Octopus
-her cousins-I need a picture of all of them together. Nana and Noni, do you have one?
-her second best friend Ms. Flower
-She loves the diapey song (courtesy of Me). It goes..
Do you need a new diapey, new diapey, new da da da da da da da
new diapey, new diapey, for you, my little Ruthie Ru!
Its to the tune of
Good Morning, good morning, do do do do do do do do
Good Morning, Good Morning to you!
which is a song I'm not sure if I've made up or got it from somewhere else? Does anyone else know this song? Another clue that my brain has significantly changed since having a baby :-). And, you're welcome for not putting a video of me singing it up here.
-This past week she has really started to love Daddy. I was her favorite for most of the month and now it has definitely switched!
-She loves her bouncy seat now also. She loves the bubbles it makes and kicking the fishy.
-She loves to lay on her back and kick. Its not helping the bald spot, but I know it'll grow back in, and it makes her so happy.

-She loves the little green frog song where you stick out your tongue, again, your welcome for no video. Joel really gets a kick out of that one, and for some reason, he can't do it. Its incredible. I've never seen anything like it, but you'd think he was trying to do an incredible feat but to scrunch his nose, close his eyes and then stick out his tongue while singing, he cannot do. It is absolutely hilarious. When he tries, the song turns into what sounds like a grown man throwing up. I usually end up almost crying from laughing so hard. Thats what I need on video.
-She likes the bumbo okay, and uses it to perfect her 'whatcho talkin bout Willis' look. This picture is also one more look that is just like Joel. I couldn''t raise one eyebrow if it killed me.
-Shes sleeping great. She's had two nights of being up in the middle of the night that were a growth spurt but came through like a champ. The past few nights have been from about 10pm-6:15am. Go Ruthie, Go Ruthie, Go Go Go Ruthie!
-Like most babies, she's loving the fan
-She has started to notice Chloe and follow her around
-She is starting to like books more and more, thankfully.
-Her paci
-She loves to stand up, it makes her really proud
-singing
Her dislikes
-tummy time
-shes not crazy about her car seat still, but we're getting better
-Shes also not crazy about the swing. Occasionally, she'll sit in it for 10 minutes or so, but thats it!
She is very good about sleepy cues. For the most part I feed her, we play and about an hour to an hour and a half from waking up she does down for a nap. Sometimes a little longer, but we're on the babywise plan and it is so nice to know whats going to happen next, and generally when it will happen. When she was first born, I thought the longer she stayed awake, the more advanced she was.
Hah! Was I ever wrong!
I learned quick, the more she sleeps, the more she develops and most importantly the happier she is! Sleep on Ruthie!
She is also great about going down for a nap. Most of the time, I will swaddle her and put her down somewhat awake with the paci and within a few minutes, she's out!
I love how she is a baby now and is learning so much. This is my favorite stage right now. I've loved everyday, but all the smiles are just too cute! I'm just counting down until the laughing starts. I can't wait!!
5 comments:
LOVE the bumbo picture!!! that expression on her face is priceless!!
What a fun update! I love your running commentary through it all too; made me smile:)
And I'm not familiar with the Good Morning song, but we do the Little Green Frog song~ All my kids love it and it never gets old, no matter how old you are!
Keep on putting her down while she's still awake. You'll thank yourself in a few months when she knows how to self soothe herself back to sleep! She sounds like a champ!
Very impressive update! You are going to be so glad when you look back on this and have listed all of her accomplishments as they happen! She is growing so well, what a little big girl already!!
Grace, thanks for your sweet comments on our blog! I use Windows Movie Maker to edit and "condense" our files to then upload to blogger. Its really easy to use and I like that I can clip multiple movies together. Enjoy!
Post a Comment