Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthdays, Babysitting and a little Jack

This past weekend we headed to Raleigh for Ruthie's first slumber party at Gigi's! Our ride to Raleigh was great, Ruthie was a trooper and we stopped my Grandmaw and Grandpaw's so they could meet Ruthie!

Ruthie wasn't the happiest as it was right at naptime, but we were so happy to see them and that they were able to meet her. Ruthie is Great-Grandchild number 6!

Saturday morning we took out my parents bikes. They have the forward pedal kind and are awesome. We loved it and they have the perfect place to ride bikes. I can't wait til we can use our bike trailer and Ruthie can go.

That evening, Gigi and Papa babysat so Joel and I could go on a date. We went to the Big Easy for dinner and had a fantastic time. **Time for me to start working on my posture! Yikes!** I got the crab-artichoke pretzel, and man I could eat that every day it is so good. Joel gets the crawfish etoufee, which he loves. One thing we like to do is point out the faces the other can't make. Remember when I told you I can't raise one eyebrow like this?

Here's the proof I can't do it
I really think I'm doing it until I see pictures like that!

My best friend Robin and I used to make a 'double Elvis face' and it is one thing Joel can't do! Here is his try...I love it!

and what happens afterwords, we crack up!
We had a great time at dinner and then headed to the Jack Johnson concert. Anyone who knows us at all knows he is our favorite. I think its because of the association we have with such a fun time in our lives when we lived in Hawaii. It was a great few years there with good, solid friends, a fantastic church, getting to know each other and eventually getting married. We really loved it and treasure those memories. That's not to say now isn't great, because it is and is better, but its nice to go to something like that concert that reminds us of such a fun time in our lives.

The concert was fantastic of course. It was a great time. We didn't get home until after midnight, YIKES! We are not night owls at all, and with a baby that still wakes up during the night, the earlier we can get to bed the better!

Sunday was the big birthday bash for Gigi! It was a big birthday so we had a feast! I wish I had taken pictures. Joel was the grill master and grilled everyones steaks to perfection. They rivaled the Angus barn, it was THAT good! All the cousins got to be together and Ruthie was snuggled and snuggled. She loved it.
Cute Cute kids! We had a family photo shoot while the steaks were cooking and everyone was awake and happy.

Gigi and the Grandkids



Papa, Gigi and the cuties
Gigi and the girls


Everyone

After dinner we had a caramel cake from a local bakery. I have to say, I was disappointed with it. I think it looked nice, but you couldn't taste the caramel and there was so much frosting (which is saying a LOT coming from me). It tasted like a yellow box cake, which is still good, but not a bakery cake. Of course that didn't stop us from eating it :-)

Here is a cute pictures of Gigi dancing while we sang to her.

After cleaning up, we headed home to unpack and start the week. We had such a great weekend getting to see everyone. Ruthie loved it and so did we! Thank you so much Gigi and Papa for giving us a night out! Can't wait to see everyone again soon! How about you all move here?? Is it working yet??? :-)

6 comments:

The Dixon Spot said...

Aww great post!!! I am so glad yall had a great time and YAY for your date night!!!

Tara said...

What a fun weekend! Love all the photo shoot pictures~ your Mom looks so happy!!!! And I'm so glad that you all got to go out to eat and to a concert. Fun, fun!

leah said...

So much fun! I love all the pictures from y'alls date night. Your hubby has the most genuine smile ever it's too cute! And I LOVE you trying to raise your eyebrow hahaha

Erika Trevathan said...

Isn't it nice to get to go out again and just enjoy being a couple! Looks like you had a great weekend and Ruthie got lots of loving!!

Jacki R. said...

Love those family photos! So glad you got a night out together!

Amanda said...

Did you know we have a Gigi too? Gigi and Poppy! :)

Great update. Ruthie is getting so big!