Monday, April 12, 2010

Yippee!! The toilet's back in!

Its true, the toilet's home is no longer on our back deck, and we (me) don't have to go downstairs in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. **Remember when I said I wasn't getting up in the middle of the night, I think I jinxed myself that night and every night since!**

Joel has finished up the bathroom and I could not be happier. I absolutely love it, he did a great job. Here is a picture of what it looked like (in case you can't tell that is WHITE linoleum. I will never understand why anyone would choose white floors, they are always looking dirty, in our house at least!):
Then the demo started
Then the Hardie board and tile process started
Then came the paint (a huge difference!!). We used Topsail from Sherwin Williams, the low VOC paint. This is unfortunately the only part I helped with. I'm really looking forward to being able to help Joel again with projects.
Then the baseboards went back up and were painted and TA DA

Up close of the tile, love it and am so glad we went with the bigger tiles!

I need a wide angle lens to get the full effect (and the fluorescent lights aren't helping). Joel and his handiwork.

The next step of the project is the vanity, but with Miss Ruthie's impending arrival we really can only do one step at a time. Having the toilet back in working is just amazing, not to mention how much better the bathroom looks. I absolutely love it! Stage one is now finished!

4 comments:

Jacki R. said...

Yippee indeed! Not a moment too soon. I just love how Joel is such a happy handy-man :)

Graceandjoelroberts said...

He loves a project :-)!!

Jamie said...

It looks awesome!!! I love it!

Katie said...

Wow! It looks great! Nice job guys!