Here are a few tips I have if you want to make the last few weeks of being pregnant last even longer :-)
1. Wake up at 5:11am every morning and have your first thought of the day be, "I wonder if today is the day?".
2. Hope you can make it to the bathroom in the morning and wonder, "what if my water breaks today?"
3. Go back to bed and try and sleep but you really can't because you're too busy wondering if today is the day.
4. Finally get up at 7am, go for a walk and wonder how fast Joel can get home from work when you do go into labor.
5. Go to work, have a few contractions and wonder, is this the start of it, only to realize they've been coming every five minutes and then they completely stop.
6. Continue to wonder all day long if today is the day, how its going to happen, etc.
Repeat these thoughts continuously throughout the day until its time for bed where it changes to, what if I go into labor/water breaks tonight while we're asleep.
Repeat at 5:11am the next morning.
The #1 tip I have make it seem even longer is have the Doctor tell you at your last appointment she doesn't think you'll make it another week, and here we sit :-)
I have to remind myself we're still not at our due date, and our baby is perfectly happy and comfy. Its been a great thing to make it this far considering I'm the only one of my sisters to make it this long, they all had early baby's and because of that we just assumed I would also. Guess not!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You must be a great incubator! She doesn't want to come out! lol, but when she does, you will be the best mommy and daddy team ever :) Miss you guys! How did your doctors appt go yesterday?
you poor thing! it CAN'T be much longer now... you'll be holding her in your arms and FORGET about all of this :)
too funny...well probably not for you though. Poor thing. The longer she's in there though the healthier she'll be! So excited for you guys
I can't imagination the anticipation you're feeling! You are soooo close!! I hope it comes quickly for you now :)
Post a Comment