Five years ago today, I married the man I waited my entire life for. I married a man who is trustworthy, honest, full of integrity, and always a man of his word.Five years ago today, I married a soldier. I learned that the statement once a marine always a marine is 100% true.

Five years ago today, I married a man who fulfills the role provider and protector. I married a man who I was and am completely in love with.

Five years ago today, I married a man who I could spend all my time with and love every second of it. A man I miss whenever we're apart regardless of the length of time, a man I absolutely adore.

Five years ago today, I married a man who makes me feel loved completely every day. A man I never question or doubt his loyalty to me and our family.

Five years ago today, I married a man who makes me feel completely safe. A man who is absolutely brilliant, beautiful and one of the funniest people I've ever met.
Five years ago today, I married a man who is quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. A man I want to be more like.
Five years ago today, I married a man who I thought would make my heart burst I loved so much. Somehow every single day since that love has grown deeper.
Five years ago today, I married a man who loves being out in God's creation and has given me a greater appreciation for it. I married a man who is always hard working and never lazy.
Five years ago today, I married a man who is not only my best friend, but also my carpenter, electrician, plumber, auto mechanic, engineer, designer, all around handy man, and snake killer.
Five years ago today, I married a man I can pick out of a crowd of surfers by his paddle out to the waves. He is always the same. Strong and consistent, running the race with endurance. It is the exact same way he lives his life.
Five years ago today, I married a man I knew would be a wonderful Daddy. In a few weeks, I will see that dream realized.

Five years ago today, I married a man who makes every single day of my life better. A man who doesn't waiver or change based on circumstances or situations. A man who stands firm in what he believes, again, a man I want to be more like.
Five years ago today, I married a man who told me one of the things he expected of me as his wife was to grow old by his side. There is no one I'd rather be next to all my days.
Five years ago today, I made one of the best decisions of my life by committing my life to his. I am honored to be his wife.

Happy Anniversary Joel, I love you so much.
6 comments:
So sweet...you were a beautiful bride!
oh I just loved this! Happy Anniversary you two, here's to 5 wonderful years!!
GREAT POST!! loved all the pictures :) baby ruthie is lucky to have the two of you...
happy anniversary--here's to 500 more years! :-D
Sniff, sniff, where's the Kleenex? Beautifully said Grace! Today is very special. You two are wonderful together!
Beautiful! Just beautiful! You almost had me crying! That was so sweet! Happy Anniversary guys :)
What a beautiful post!!! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment