How far along?37 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: +2 this week! I was worried because I really haven't gained much in the past month and a half and then a huge jump in one week, but my belly grew 2 cm so I'm hoping most of it went to the baby. I'm sure the ice cream had a contribution also. I'm going to be really sad when this is over and I can't have ice cream all the time :-). Its been nice!
Maternity clothes? Yes, steadily switching to Joel's clothes bc they're big, soft and comfy.
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: I've been doing better making it longer and longer without having to get up. Last night I had one massive contraction and it definitely woke me up. Luckily it was already 5am and after it was over I was back asleep til 7am. I've been really fortunate.
Best moment this week: The doctor telling me I had made pretty significant progress since last week. She asked how I was still walking since she is now so low. I had no idea she had dropped, and she laughed and told me she definitely had dropped and she thought she would continue to progress based on last week to this week. Also knowing that we've made it to the safe zone and she is cleared to come anytime!
Movement: She's moving a lot now. I can feel her little feet and they feel so tiny!!
Food cravings: I really think I missed out on the craving side of pregnancy, which I'm not complaining about. I did channel my inner Medusa the other night when I pulled out the chocolate ice cream to realize my loving husband had eaten almost all of it and left about 1/4 cup in the container. He hid under the pillow for a few minutes then offered to go to the grocery store :-). I made do with the 1/4 cup and was at the grocery store the next morning at 7am (not joking) bc I wanted to make sure I got the same kind of ice cream before they switched the sale. I bought 2 and Joel now knows crazy wife comes out when it comes to ice cream at 9+months pregnant. Typing that out really makes me realize there is significant truth to being pregnancy crazy!
Gender: You know I really hope they were right when they told us she's a girl!
Belly Button in or out? Still hanging in there and not popping out.
Wedding rings on or off? Off more and more, it still freaks me out when I realize I don't have them on!
What I miss: Walking long distances. Some days I can go like normal, but other days I can make it maybe a half a mile and I'm exhausted. It changes from day to day and I have no idea why, I think its just part of it.
What I am looking forward to: Ruthie being here and my sweet friend Emily, taking some maternity pictures for us this Sunday. She's got great ideas, so I'm excited to see how they turn out! And I hope we make it to Sunday so we can get these pictures!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh! just love the updates! :) keep 'em comin'--yeah, and the baby too! haha
and about your formula question... it took a few days for the "bad signs" to show up (and for me to determine they were from the formula and not something else) in the formulas that didn't work for us... but the soy seemed to work instantly! :) and i'm enjoying the return of my relaxed, happy baby! :)
she just never seemed "settled" with the others--and sometimes it would sound like a "mini eruption" in her tummy when she'd take a bottle...and you'd see her scrunch up like her tummy was hurting during her bottle and after... and about the time we got her calm & relaxed, it was time to eat again... it was a vicious cycle!
I love reading your updates! I am so excited that Miss Ruthie is almost here! I love your ice cream story, Seth knows not to mess with ice cream around me, and I'm not even pregnant, lol! Miss you guys like crazy!
I was bummed to miss cravings too!
Oh this is so exciting, you guys are so close! Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on all the important factors!!
Post a Comment