Friday, April 30, 2010

Things I will Miss about being Pregnant

Since we're coming down to the wire, I thought I'd make a list of things I'll miss about being pregnant and things I'm thankful for regarding this pregnancy. I thought this would help me with the last few days thinking positively about all the good things with this pregnancy. After I have the baby, I'm going to publish the things I don't miss about being pregnant :-).

What I'm thankful for with this pregnancy:
-I haven't had swelling or high blood pressure consistently
-I didn't have gestational diabetes
-So far our baby looks perfectly healthy and a little angel ;-)
-The last 23 weeks have been great (first 16 weeks will go on the other list I put up after she's here!)
-Our baby loves ice cream and cantaloupe
-I have had very few days of being uncomfortable
-Although I can't walk for as long as I'd like, I am able to get out and move around multiple times a day
-I mowed our grass last week
-Joel
-being surrounded by so many people who love us and are excited for us and can't wait to meet our baby.
-Finding a Doctor's office I like and feel comfortable at
-Federal Employee Insurance coverage of OB visits and delivery
-Having a few days of maternity leave to myself before she arrives
-She is full term
-too many other things to list!


What I will miss about being pregnant:

-Feeling this sweet baby roll around and kick all the time
-Having Ruthie almost instantaneously react when Joel is close by and talking
-Knowing she is safe
-Talking about being pregnant with other people
-Dreaming and talking about what she's going to look like, be like, when she's going to be here, etc.
-Maternity jeans, can I keep wearing these???
-I really hate to put this one down, but its the truth; I will miss having everything done for me because I'm pregnant! I think this is the only time in my adult life this will happen, so I've enjoyed it!
-Being able to take a nap whenever and as much as possible and it being okay because I'm pregnant
-Eating whatever I want and it being okay because I'm pregnant
-Getting a pass on about anything because I'm pregnant
-People asking me when we're due (although I really hope that question stops after she's here :-)
-Not feeling the pressure to exercise
-Watching my stomach move around like crazy


I think I could keep going, but thats a good start. I had my last Doctor's appointment yesterday, gained .2 pounds, blood pressure was up a bit and I'm still making progress. We're praying she comes on or before her due date (May 8), but either way, she'll be here within a week! Our lives are about to change, and we can't wait!

1 comment:

The Dixon Spot said...

awww you're such a good mommy....Im really scared when it gets closer to my due date I might have to say "nothing" to the whole "what will I miss" LOL...you look amazing and little Ruthie is such a lucky girl!