Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Pictures

First things first,
**Can anyone tell me how to make the header photo not so huge and take up most of the page? is it the layout I've chosen? I need to play with it some more.

Our sweet friend Emily offered to take some maternity photos for us and this past weekend (38 weeks) we took her up on it. My favorite is the picture in the header. Its so us, relaxed on the beach with Chloe, just hanging out enjoying life. I'm really impressed at the ones she got on the beach because it was so cloudy and windy, we were getting blown around everywhere! Here is another one of my favorites. I love how the water is coming up in the corner and of course her name. I think this one is a framer:
And another one that I think shows pretty well how big I am, definitely bigger than a basketball!
She is getting me a disc with the rest of the photos, I can't wait! Thank you again Emily, you are the BEST!

Baby Update, I didn't gain any weight this past week and my blood pressure was way down thankfully. I think last week it was up because I was shocked how much I gained in one week (and they took it right after they weighed me, why do they do that??)!

The contractions have all but stopped the past few days (The painful ones at least) and I guess if she's staying put for the long haul I'd rather them stop and just be comfortable and enjoy the last week or so of this pregnancy.

I'm starting to see every spec of dust in our house and NEED to clean it (even though I haven't...yet). I'm a morning person and by the time I'm off work for the day and Joel and I have gone for a walk and had dinner, I'm about spent. Since this is my last 2 days at work before maternity leave (which is insane, I really can't imagine not working), I'm hoping this weekend and next week while I'm off I'll be able to get to cleaning and get this house ready and de-pollened! I have loved this weather and keeping the doors and windows open but the dust and pollen is crazy! Is this the next phase of nesting?

My prediction is Ruthie will arrive May 4, at 11:45am. Any guesses? Due date is May 8 :-).

5 comments:

Jacki R. said...

Beautiful pictures!! For the header, the picture size needs to be reduced. It's hard because your picture is portrait, so by nature it's going to take more to scroll down to the blog. Just play around with it and see what you can come up with!

Or, you can go to Picasa and make a landscaped-sized collage with a few of the pictures for the top of your blog!

The Dixon Spot said...

Awww they turned out so good! I had mine done last weekend and I was super disappointed but you look amazing!!!! She will be here before you know it!

Mary Lindsey said...

What an exciting time for yall!! I can't wait to see when Ruthie arrives! I'll be checking back when I can! Your pregnancy pics are very very cute & I love your little girl's name. Congrats & thanks for posting on my blog :-)

Katie said...

LOVE the pictures! They are so cute, and definitely framers :) As for your header picture, maybe make the size of the picture smaller before you load it into Blogger? Other than that, I have not idea, lol. Yes, pollen is everywhere! My truck looks like a bumble bee (all black and yellow, lol) Miss you guys!

Amanda said...

Hey Lady! It sounds like Miss Ruthie is well on her way (especially w/ that cleaning bug). You can edit the HTML code to make your picture smaller. If you need help doing that let me know (I did my blog). Just leave me a message on my blog.