He decided to get started on our bathroom renovation. Phase one is taking everything out and getting the tile down!
Cute guy in the mirror and horrendous paint and border in the bathroom! Anyone have suggestions for paint color for a small bathroom with no windows?
So where do the toilet, sink and vanity go in the meantime? Where else...
That's right, we're classy and now our toilet's home is on our balcony! The vanity is in our bedroom which isn't so bad. I told Joel the next time I cut his hair we'll just go on the balcony, he can sit on the toilet and we can wave to the neighbors :-). We'll be 'those' people.
And a shot of the bathroom empty! We're still using the shower, but keeping everything else downstairs. Side note, it actually hasn't been that bad to have to go to the bathroom downstairs. I think most people get up in the middle of the night multiple times when they're 8+ months pregnant, but knock on wood, I'm not doing that yet so its not bad.
In the evenings after work (and as long as there are no waves), Joel's been working on it. I'm glad he got the motivation to do it before the baby arrives because I think it will not only be so nice, but the hammering and banging around would be tough with a new baby!
This past weekend, our neighbor brought his tractor over to do some grading and let us use it to work on our yard.
The bummer is that the three pompous grass were planted directly around and in between the electrical box, the cable box and the phone box! We'll have to find something else to cover those up that doesn't feel like home to slithering creatures.
Our poor yard took a hit from the tractor tires, but Joel really enjoyed it and it made a huge difference. Grass will grow back!
Non-renovation update, I just got the glider rocker back after being recovered and I just LOVE it all. We're almost done with the nursery, I have to make a small window treatment and find a clock for the room and then I think we're about finished.
We're getting really close to meeting our baby girl!! I can't believe it!
3 comments:
The nursery looks great! It's so cute.
My preference for a clock in Emma's room is a digital one that you can see at night (just a clock radio). It helped me to keep track of what time she got up and went back to bed without having to turn the light on. However, a regular wall clock would definitely look better in there though!
The room looks SO cute.. and honestly love the pink curtains!
What a big project of redoing the bathroom, it's going to look great when it's done I'm sure!
ahhh!! my suggestion for the small bathroom with no windows (we have the worlds smallest bathroom in our downstairs!)..
frangipane by sherwin williams... its a cool, creamy, peachy sherbet color...
i hated the color it was when we moved in and i've painted just that one bathroom 4 times since we moved in (3 years ago!)...
i learned the hard way--go with a light color!
and i just LOVE the pink curtains in ruthie's room... its all coming together sooo cute! :-D
Post a Comment