Last night we headed to our first "baby" class, Breastfeeding 101. Man, do I love my Husband. He is totally supportive and there was never a question whether he would go with me or not. I'm very thankful not only to have the support but also that he has a great memory and will retain what we're taught. Myself on the other hand, not quite so much, I'd have to write it all down to learn it and there's just something about writing down how to treat sore nipples and remedies that doesn't really appeal to me.
I have to admit, I did not want to go, we had a threat of snow and I was hoping the class would be canceled! Thankfully, it wasn't and we arrived right on time. Of course it started with a game, and what do you know, Joel was first (he was one of 4 husbands, so he wasn't totally alone)! We had to draw things out of a bag and guess what it had to do with breastfeeding. Joel was smart (like usual) and felt around and got a stuffed animal bear dressed like a graduate. Thankfully, he didn't get the maxi pad, nipple cream or any number of other things :-). I would have definitely laughed to the point of disruption if he had (and wished I had my camera)!
The instructor did a great job and made it very comfortable for everyone. She talked very openly about all the advantages of breastfeeding and the downsides of it. I did get a little freaked out when she started talking about nipple sandwiches, bleeding, etc. but I am 100% convinced of the major benefits of nursing exclusively (not to mention cost savings) and that's what we're going to do. I'm so thankful Joel was there because now, not only do we have quite a few things to laugh about, but he is 100% on board and I know when I probably want to give up and am crying, he'll know what to do!
Enough about that :-). On to baby updates, we're in week 30 and next week we head back to the Doctor, then again 2 weeks later and then EVERY WEEK! yikes! We finally took an updated picture of the giant baby. I can't figure out if I'm standing like I'm about to take off or if its the angle of the camera. I hope I don't stand like that now!
Pregnancy emotional note of the week: Last night after our class we went to an outdoor store nearby to look around and after walking, or apparently waddling, around for a few minutes the store clerk came up to me and said, "Ma'am, if you need to sit for a while, we've got some chairs at the front." I think my mouth dropped open and I'm not sure if I responded! I really appreciated him being nice and trying to help the poor, pregnant lady out, it was a very nice gesture, however, what I heard was, "Wow, you're gigantic and better not have that baby in the store, why don't you sit down." I'm hoping this crazy mental translation is just due to pregnancy and I'm not going to be crazy forever :-).
Our baby on the other hand, seems to be doing great. She's doing some pretty incredible matrix moves in my belly a lot of the time. I'm convinced she's stretching and running out of room, its very neat to watch. I've tried to record it and as soon as I get the camera out, she's done! One day, I'll be ready and get it on video. We're getting so excited and can't believe how soon she'll be here!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh we are so alike! Kyle comes with me EVERYWHERE b/c I can't remember ANYTHING! Especially with doctors visits. That's so great that your hubby is being so supportive and even playing the games! haha
I can't even tell you how much we're enjoying the Daddy Joel stories!
It's not hard to imagine how awesome it will be the day your little sweetie is born :)
Post a Comment