On to the problem, we originally bought white blackouts from PBK as soon as I took them out of the package I didn't like them. They felt very sterile, hospital-ish, not soft, girly and nursery-ish. We hung them up to see if that made a difference and got fringe samples to possibly embellish and soften it up a little. Unfortunately, the fringe really doesn't add anything (I've tried about 10 different types and looks) and its expensive.
I went back online and found these pink gingham blackouts also from PBK but clearanced! I was really excited and ordered them immediately. They arrived, aren't blackouts, so they're sending me another set which hopefully will be. Anyways, I put them up and I'm just not sure. I really want to love the pink because I want her room to have soft, girly accents, but I can't tell if they're too bright, just right, etc. I think I've been looking at curtains way too long. The dust ruffle fabric is the pink diamond fabric hung over the crib, which I really like with the pink. We're getting a white tree put on the wall (pictures to come), so I'm worried the white on white on white will be too much. Am I overthinking this....YES.
Another side note is that now that the white have been up, I don't hate them as much anymore. (Hi Chloe! She can't wait to get her hair all over the light curtains!)
So, please tell me your honest opinion, white, pink, neither, start over? Or other ideas you have for blackout panels? Thanks for your help!!
5 comments:
you are TOO cute. I think I would face the exact same problem. I think I like the white better?! Maybe it's b/c I'm not a HUGE pink fan and would rather see pops of pink around the room instead of huge chunks of pink in the curtains?! Either way they'll look fantastic whatever you choose!!
i like the pink! i was initially very hesitant to doing pink in e's room--i just wanted accents here and there. and i see you got a white tree!! which one?!?! i can't wait to see it... get ready, your little girl will be here before you know it...TRUST ME! hahahaha
I like the pink. They pop more.
I think I'm on team Pink :)
O.k. here is the tie breaking vote.... Pink, definately pink, the gingham is very girlie and with the white tree, PINK!!
Post a Comment