Second try's a charm! I've been trying to make a simple window treatment in Ruthie's room, first time was a total bust and I was not thrilled with. Last night I got it taken care of and while its not perfect, its good enough. Moral of this story, always line EVERYTHING, even if you think the fabric is heavy enough. I'm happy with the way it turned out and I hope I never have to tie those bows again. I think I might tack them somehow to keep them from shifting or getting untied. They took quite a while to get remotely even!
Other than needing a clock for the room, I have to say I think it is about done! I would post pictures of the entire room, but its currently a holding area for the tiling project. All the bathroom doors, extra Hardie board, screws, etc. are in there. I'm anxious for it all to be out of her room so I can clean it (mainly just vacuum and dust, clothes are already done). Plus I can't wait for the new tile to be down! Joel's working like crazy on it and hopefully in the next few days I'll have some pictures of that!
This past weekend we got our veggie garden in. We went with tomatoes, red peppers, onions (on the left), and from seed we planted squash, beans and cucumbers. I hope we get lots of good stuff. We have bunnies everywhere so we need to get a bunny fence or I think we'll be fattening up the bunnies! We also got 2 blueberry bushes in and Joel's favorite, a fig tree named Turkey. We're excited!!
Baby update all is going well, she's moving, hiccuping, and dancing like crazy. My last doctors appointment I lost a pound, but my belly had grown so they said that was fine. I am just fine if she wants to pull fat off me to help her grow! Already the perfect baby :-). My blood pressure was down which was good, and my iron is up so I'm almost no longer considered anemic. We have 5 1/2 weeks left to the big day and it really is flying by. I can't believe we go to the doctor weekly now and she'll be here so soon. I cannot wait! Here's the most recent picture, not the best of me, but its about the belly now so here you go!
Also, I got an email last week saying "by now your hospital bag should be packed...". Whoops! Hasn't happened yet, I think this is where it would pay off to be a Type A person! I started packing the bag this week and have all the toiletries ready to go and just need to add clothes for all three of us. I think the hard thing is going to picking out an outfit for her to wear because she's been given so many cute things! She is not going to have any trouble looking cute!
6 comments:
I love the nursery!! Everything is just perfect, and the new window treatment is adorable... great job! You are looking so good!!
now, grace... do i need to remind you how frustrating it is to NOT have your hospital bag packed?! haha...
and i think you have serious talent to tie those bows so perfectly!! i can NEVER tie ribbon really pretty... ugh...
hope you continue to do well... no much longer now! :-D
well, considering i had nothing--definitely bring your makeup, toothbrush, and your own shampoo (the hospital stuff was nasty)... because you wanna look cute in those first pictures of you and miss ruthie! :) (its not vain, its a MONUMENTAL picture! ha!)
...but i'm sure you were already gonna pack those things--i would also recommend bringing your own pillow/blanket... the hospital stuff really isn't "hotel quality!" and you'll DEFINITELY want to get your rest while those nurses are there to help you take care of ruthie!
i would assume you won't be in the hosp. as long as i was (a week) but i'd pack some comfy clothes and a shirt that's easy for you to nurse.
oh--and your phone charger...
i think that's it... don't overpack--because the baby goes home with LOADS of stuff, too from the hospital (take all the diapers and blankets they leave you!)
Love her nursery!!!
Wow, the nursery is beautiful!! You guys did a great job! And I agree with hannah, those bows are amazingly perfect!
You are adorable! That is a great picture of you!
I love your garden too, will you and Joel come do mine???
Miss You!
Thanks for sharing the blog with me. I love the pics and your stories. The nursery is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment