Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Little Lainie-Month 3

Sweet, sweet NayNay, I'm pretty sure that nickname has stuck and we love having you around. You are easy, laid back, quiet, smiley and just a joy. We love her little heart shaped chin and snuggly self. This past month has been great and your personality is coming out more every week.
Eating:
You are still a great eater and are on a three hour eating schedule usually beginning each day at 7am. Sometimes you'll go 3 1/2-4 hours, and others you'll be starving at 2 1/2 hours. You are not a snacker at all. You eat until you're full then you stop. If I try and continue, you are over it and let me know loudly. There is no nursing you to sleep either, which I'm really thankful for. One less habit to break!
Size:
Man, she is so much bigger than Ruthie was at this age. She is very long and lean. She is in 6 month clothes and if I try and squeeze her into 3-6 month clothes, when she bends her knees she usually pops the snaps open. She is still in size 2 diapers.
Daytime Sleep:
I'm really working hard at getting her to nap in her crib for longer periods. I usually am playing with Ruthie while holding Lainie swaddled and when she starts to get drowsy I take her upstairs and put her in the crib. It is harder to do this consistently with what we have going on as I don't feel like I can tie Ruthie down to Lainie's nap schedule. If I did, we would never leave our house and I don't think Ruthie would appreciate it. Lainie has been waking up earlier in her naps than I want her to, so I've been trying to cut her waketime by a few minutes. When I go in and get her she is usually all smiles and kicking her feet like crazy. She gets very excited to see anyone. Its so cute! I really need to get it on video so we don't forget how cute it is.
Nighttime Sleep:
This month has been all over. For the first 2 1/2 weeks she was sleeping from about 8pm-4am, eating then back asleep until 7am. The third week she hit a growth spurt and started waking up at 2am, 4:30am, and then 7am. On January 28th (not that I'm keeping track :-), our prayers were answered and she slept from 9pm-7am. It was incredible, and other than me being really uncomfortable, man was it nice to sleep! She hasn't done it since, but its coming and we can't wait!
Eyes:
They're really blue, we'll see if they stay. We think they will.
Swaddled:
Yes, its so nice to keep her from flailing her arms. I'm glad we kept doing it. I wasn't sure if she was going to be a swaddled baby, but I read several things on it and almost all said keep trying it even if it didn't seem like they liked it and it worked.
Paci:
Yes, but she's not as into it as Ruthie was at this point. She takes it when she starts to get sleepy and spits it out when she's good and asleep.
Nickname:
NayNay it is. Ruthie is constantly calling her this and often times hears her crying before I do and points upstairs and yells NayNay. Its really cute.
She Loves:
-Bathtime. Ruthie helps me give her a bath and Lainie will smile away at Ruthie while she washes her feet.
-Joel, she always turns her head when she hears him and unfortunately for me, he has taken over as her favorite!
-Peekaboo. She really loves to have you come into her view as a surprise when she's laying on her back. Her whole face lights up.
-The playmat, she's not as into Mr. Octopus, but is more into the other toy.
-Being held upright and looking out.
-She's gotten really good at standing up.
-She loves to talk to you now. This video gets better about 41 seconds in
She doesn't love:
The carseat for extended periods of time (who can blame her).
Being held like a baby
The Bumbo for more than about 30 seconds.
Other:
Lainie is a very sweet girl. In general, she wakes up, eats, plays, smiles and talks, gets a little fussy, we wrap her up. She cries for about 30 seconds then starts to close her eyes (she does this a few times). Occassionally she has the witching hour, which I just hate for Joel because its typically right when he gets home or right at dinner time. Its very rare for her to cry more than a few minutes (outside of the carseat) and for that I'm very thankful. This month she started sticking her tongue out a lot and doing it when she smiles, again..so cute!
Its so funny to me how different her and Ruthie already are. Apart from looking completely different, Lainie is not near as serious as Ruthie was/is. I think she's going to be more of an extrovert, but we'll see!
We're starting to get into a groove as a family of four and are much more comfortable going out and about with both girls. I think a lot of it is the fact that we're all starting to sleep more. Speaking of my sweet littlest girl, I better go get her up!

4 comments:

Erika Trevathan said...

Oh, I just love your little girls! They are precious:) Its so much fun reading about Ruthie in her big sister role. So cute how she hears Lainie wake up before you do! And Lainie is just a doll baby. Gorgeous like her big sister! They remind me of Hailey and Mary Kathryn in how different they look. Hope you have a great rest of the week!!:)

Linda said...

Nothing but cuteness and I love NayNay as her nickname. It's great being a mommy to two girls isn't it? I'm still loving it, although a boy in the mix adds a special touch as well (our Nick always keeps us laughing).

Tara said...

I can't get over how different they look too! She is such a cutie and I love the nickname Nay Nay!

Jacki R. said...

Wow she is moving right along! Growing so fast. Glad she's only waking once (or not even once!)through the night for you!