Thursday, November 17, 2011

99% sure means 100% unsure

I've had a few people ask me about the spelling of Lainie's name, since I posted earlier that we were 99% sure on the spelling, Lainey.

While we were in the hospital the morning of Lainie's birth, as I mentioned we had hours before anything happened to get the antibiotics. Thankfully in our room, there was a dry erase board and markers. We spent about an hour writing her name in many different ways and when Joel mentioned he was leaning towards Lainie, we were done.

We had a great time doing this because Joel and I are both terrible at writing grin cursive. When Joel would write Lainey in cursive, it turned into Lainarny. When I would write it, I don't even think it was legible enough to say anything. It was hilarious to us and a good way to pass the time.

After we decided on Lainie, it just fit and seemed like she should have always been Lainie, thankfully. I was glad when the social security lady came and we could make it official!

There you have it, Lainie it is!

3 comments:

Baze Days said...

She is perfect... so is the spelling of her name.

Jacki R. said...

Good call. Plus, both Ruthie and Lainie are "ie" and that makes it easier to remember. "ey" at the end would have been confusing!

Still, I mistakenly typed "Laynie" yesterday and had to re-do my comment. Doh!

Linda said...

Very creative way of making your decision, after all, you will be writing her name ALOT in the years to come, so why not do what comes naturally? Beautiful name and like the spelling!