Thursday, June 2, 2011

I will never

Take Air conditioning for granted again. It is wonderful. It is incredible. and it is a necessity! Thankfully, the A/C repairman arrived around 6:30pm (when our house thermostat was reading about 92 degrees inside). Joel and I both were convinced we were going to have to replace the unit as it is 15 years old, which is ancient down here. The repairman fixed it in about 10 minutesi and we started enjoying nice, cool air. By the time we went to bed, the house had cooled down to about 82, and overnight got down to a normal temperature.

The heat usually wouldn't have bothered me quite as bad, but being pregnant it did something to me after it got to about 90. I just felt like a slug. Thankfully our neighbors were sweet enough to let Ruthie and I come over and play until Joel got home and the sun had moved. Once Joel got home, we spent the rest of the afternoon on the deck in the baby pool and the hose. I love the misting feature on the hose, it is awesome. I didn't take any pictures of this sweaty time, so heres a cute one of Ruthie's favorite spot.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I can't imagine how hot you must have been! So glad that your AC is fixed now though! Enjoy being cool today!

Jacki R. said...

I'm so happy to hear this! What a relief for you guys.

Baze Days said...

You are a Saint. So glad your AC is fixed. I start to sweat when ours says it is 75 in the house. Hope you are basking in the cool air!