On Friday, we had our big ultrasound and doctor's appointment. Ruthie went to stay with her friend Callie. On a side note, I am so thankful for some of the friends I have made here. Particularly, Callie's Mom. She is someone I completely trust with Ruthie and I know would always be there for us when we need her. She was willing to watch Ruthie during Callie's nap (and what was supposed to be Ruthie's nap....risky). I am so thankful for her, and wish they were our next door neighbors ;-)! As I've gotten older, finding people I trust and I believe I can count on is priceless and hard to find. I am very thankful for them.
Anyways, after dropping Ruthie off, Joel and I headed to the doctor. Apparently, I made the appointment on a day where there were only 3 of the 9 doctors working and the office was empty. It was awesome. We didn't have to wait very long at all (which is not normal unfortunately) before we were taken back to the nurses room and then the ultrasound room. At this stage in the game I have gained 10 pounds (!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I had a minor heart attack, thanked the steak, potatoes, hummus, and pizza, then got over it. What really caused the minor heart attack was that I have gained 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks. Time to slow down. I have to remind myself, I haven't thrown up this time and with Ruthie I gained a lot of weight after month 4 to make up for what I lost. This time, I need to just gain steadily throughout. I have pep talks throughout the day about it (and then eat pizza).
I was very nervous going into the ultrasound. I haven't felt this baby move, and with Ruthie I had felt her long before now. Thankfully, the ultrasound tech showed me the heartbeat right away and then explained the placenta is sitting between the baby and my stomach so I won't feel her as early, but probably in the next few weeks. I'm convinced the placenta anchored where it did to protect this baby from Ruthie running into me, kicking me, playing, and just being a 13 month old toddler!
The baby was going absolutely crazy. She must've flipped 15 times in about 3 minutes. I thought since I hadn't felt her move maybe she was going to be calm, but if the ultrasound is any indication of her personality, I think we're going to have another very busy baby! It was great.
Her heart rate was 154 which is perfect and everything was measuring right on track or a few days ahead (I'm telling you we're going to have a Halloween baby). She was measuring 9 ounces and to us looks just like Ruthie and just like Ruthie's ultrasound pictures did(which translates into she looks just like her Daddy, those Roberts genes are strong!).
I am still in shock she is a she and not a he. I thought for sure all the salty cravings, no throwing up and just my gut were right. Early in the pregnancy when I started saying it was a boy my Mom told me each of her three pregnancy's were very different and we were all girls. Just more proof my Mom is always right! Wish I'd learned that when I was about 12 ;-).
Since I am one of three girls, I couldn't be happier to have girls. I am so thankful for my sisters and am so excited Ruthie's going to have a sister, there is nothing like it. Joel also likes to say its going to be so much easier since we have all the girl stuff already....at least for the first 12 years, then we've got things to worry about!
We don't have a name for this sweet girl and I think its going to be tough. Any suggestions, please send them over. We like classic names, and prefer family names. Nothing is really jumping out at us and the names we like, have been used by people close to us. We'll see.
Wowl, this is really long, here is a 19 1/2 week baby girl shot!
4 comments:
So glad that you had a great appt! Love the belly shot- I think you look great!
Awww! I'm in shock it's a girl too! I was convinced you were having a boy! hahah... but soo excited for Ruthie to have a sister so close in age! Congrats!
So sweet!! Another girl!! :)
I agree, you look great and all belly! So excited you will be a mom of girls as well!:)
Post a Comment