Friday, January 14, 2011

Cinco de Ruthie-Month 8

I know it's late, but better late than never! Month 8 was packed full of changes, developments, travels, and lots of new stuff!! Ruthie has been so sweet, cute and fun and her personality comes out more every day! We of course loved this month!
Things she loves:
-Chloe
-of course, her Papa
-Her Grandma and Gruncle Jeremy!
-CRAWLING!
-real food
-her crib
-wrapping paper, no surprise there
-Stuffed animals
-The mirror
-Standing/Pulling up
-the washing machine and dryer
-the high chair
-she loves to watch what I'm doing in the kitchen. She's a great helper!
-Drinking water
-Going upside down
-Where's Ruthie/peekaboo
-Playgroup

-Having her tummy drop from either being thrown in the air or dropping quickly
Posted by Picasa

-she loves rolling off the couch into my arms. I know (after her Daddy told me) this isn't the best game to teach her....but she LOVES it. Its so cute. She loves to spin, flip and be thrown in the air....maybe she did get something from me???
-playing tent with Grandma

Size-I actually do know her size now since we had to take her to the Doctor over Christmas. She is 15 pounds 7 oz, and Length is 26.5"
She is still fitting into 6 month clothes, but the length is getting short. I have her in mostly 6-9 month clothes or just 9 month clothes and they have lots of growing room.

Nighttime sleep: This is a tough one. She sleeps great at home, and was sleeping from about 7:30pm-4:30am, eating, then back down until 7:30. About half the nights she would go from 7:30pm-6:30am. However, most of the time she's in a pack n play or has to share a room, she doesn't sleep. I don't know what to do about it, other than be thankful she will sleep at home and take the travel non-sleep as it comes.

Naps: This has been a transition month with naps. We started out with her napping 8am-10am, 11:30am-1pm, 2:30pm-4pm, and are transitioning into napping from 9-11am, and 1-3pm. We're just getting back on schedule, so I'm thinking in the next few days we'll be more on track.

Eating: She loves sweet potatoes, applesauce, oatmeal, yogurt, puffs, cheerios (her pincer grasp has really gotten good and she loves to feed herself cheerios and puffs, she's so proud), pancakes, green beans. While we traveled we took advantage of pre-made baby food, man is it nice!!
She eats three meals a day, usually rice cereal or oatmeal mixed with applesauce or yogurt, lunch is yogurt and sweet potatoes (or some other veggie), dinner is a fruit and veggie. She is nursing on a 3 1/2-4 hour schedule.

Mobility: She's a crawler! Her first real crawl was about Dec. 15th, which of course I tried to get on video, but what do you know. She started army crawling, then got on her knees when she he remote (or Papa's watch) and went to it :-). She didn't take off and crawl quickly until around Christmas, when she started covering distance at Great-Grandma's house!

She can also pull up on anything now, your leg, the crib, the furniture, her toys. Its a whole new ballgame!

She can go from sitting to crawling, crawling to sitting, pretty much any position she wants. She's got some abs!

Nicknames:
-Ruthie Lou, Little Lou

This months firsts:
-Crawling
-TEETH-2 on the bottom which I need a new picture of because they're about 3/4 of the way in now
-Meeting her second Great Grandma
-Her first trip to Washington
-Her first Christmas!
-pulling up/standing up all the time
-She can 100% get her paci back in on her own
-Her first ear infection/antibiotic ;-(


This month has been absolutely great! She has hit so many milestones and just been a joy! I can't believe how fast this time has gone!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Yay Ruthie! You are growing up so fast and are such a cutie!!

Jess said...

I love reading your monthly updates since she and Peyton are the exact same age! She's so adorable and I agree, 8 months has been an awesome age :)

Debbi Beverage said...

I love this Grace! She is precious!!1 What a great way to chronicle Ruthie's 1st year and beyond! I had calendars for our children, blogging is so much better:)

Jamie said...

She is really getting to be a big girl! She is absolutely precious!

Erika Trevathan said...

Month 8 was packed with all kinds of firsts!! Crawling, standing, teeth...WOW. Ruthie is an absolute doll. I love reading her monthly update!:)