Monday, September 2, 2013

Big Sisters-The Adjustment

I'm convinced Ruthie and Lainie were made to be big sisters. They LOVE Ellie.

 I really wasn't sure how Lainie would like having a baby around and having to share time even more but she has absolutely loved it.  She is always smiling and wanting to "hold it", *this is Lainie's pleased as punch face*

and talks to her, kisses and hugs her.

I really can't stand it. 

Ruthie has the cutest baby voice she talks to Ellie in and she loves to say, Awww Baby Ellie is so cute,

 look at her little fingers, look at her teensy feet, etc.  I love love love it.
 She always wants to be near her, see her eyes if she's awake, talk to her etc.


That's not to say we haven't had an adjustment.  A far bigger adjustment phase than when Lainie joined the world.  The nice thing is that the adjustment hasn't been directed in any way, shape or form towards Ellie.  Its in the form of monumental, outrageous, nuclear meltdowns over absolutely nothing of importance (if I get the wrong cup out, someone takes a toy, etc).  Both girls have been doing it and thankfully, they seem to do it at different times. There have been many days this past week that felt like we were just doing a revolving door of time outs all day long.  Thank goodness Gigi was here to help (for so many reasons) and give me sanity.  Its been exhausting and trying.  I'm praying they're over and we all fall right into our new normal.  We've had an absolutely awesome weekend with lots of fun and very few freakouts.  Even with the meltdowns, moments like this are just the best!
Unprompted reading to Ellie, I almost died from sweetness.
 Almost everyone is looking in the direction of the camera!  A total victory!



2 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful family you have with your three girls! Joel has his hands full...haha! There will be adjustments for sure, but sounds like you have the support you need to get through the tough times. Congrats!

Jacki R. said...

Thanks for posting these adorable pictures and updates on the girls! I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a big adjustment for all of you, but it looks like everyone is doing great!!