Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Big First Day!

Yesterday was the First day of preschool and to say Ruthie was excited is a major understatement!

 I love her preschool and her teacher.



I knew she'd do great but I had no idea she would run in (without saying goodbye or looking back) and I'd have to go find her to tell her goodbye! 

I was so proud of her, excited for her, sad for myself, and happy.  I can't imagine the mix of emotions kindergarten will bring!

Lainie kept saying, "where'd Ruthie go?" and crying. It was sad and I had a feeling she would have a harder time with it than Ruthie.

  I took Lainie and Ellie to Barnes and Noble storytime (which  was a bust and even though the kids were between 1-2, it was geared towards 4-5 year olds I think, Lainie was not sitting still for it),  but she got really happy when she found the nooks at the kids sales pitch table!

 After I peeled her away from that we found the train table and lego table and she was happy! **She also has taken to dressing herself from the hat to the shoes, she picked it all and refused to change or take any of it all. I love her spunk.

After that we went to Costco for gas then back to pick up my big girl.  I wish this picture was clearer but she was running so fast there was no way.

  I also wish I had a picture of Lainie when she saw Ruthie coming, she waved as hard and fast as she could and yelled Hey Ruthie many times. It was so cute!  I think the best part was as soon as she ran up to me, she hugged me and said, "Mom that was so much fun."  One day down, so many more coming!

1 comment:

Jacki R. said...

Yay Ruthie! She is so adventurous, and the fact that she did so well yesterday really makes it easier for you :)

How many days a week?