Last year we took Ruthie, dressed as a cow, (a lot can change in one year!!)
to our towns Christmas tree lighting. We had a great time and I knew I really wanted to take both girls this year.
to our towns Christmas tree lighting. We had a great time and I knew I really wanted to take both girls this year. We planned a really fun day with Grandma and Grandpa,
and our awesome friends, Chelsey, Dan and Callie.
The guys spent the day out fishing, and the girls had a fun playdate. 
We decided to have an oyster roast and had a great dinner of oysters, clam chowder, a delicious crab chowder Chelsey made, and scallops. It was awesome.
We thought we were late for the tree lighting, and after listening to the mayor talk to 15 minutes (after the tree was supposed to light), we were glad we weren't early. I think next year, I'm going to take my squirmy toddler up and let him hold her while he thanks everyone he's ever met :-).
Anyways, once the tree was lit, Ruthie absolutely loved it.
It was really nice because it wasn't as dark and Ruthie could run around. And did. she. ever.
Remember, this post. Years ago, I said I would never put my child on a leash.
It keeps proving true. Never is the magic word. 
A leash was made for me in situations like this tree lighting with a baby and an 18 month old. We could hardly keep up with Ruthie running at full speed continuously. She was wild and It was hilarious. 
She was beside herself when she spotted this dog.
We snagged a few family pictures
and headed home.
It was a great night and I love this family tradition!
4 comments:
Such a cute picture of the 4 of you!
And your seafood dinner is making my mouth water :) We love oysters and clam chowder!
Thank you for including us in this tradition!!! We had an absolute blast spending the day with you all!!! Love you guys. Dan really loves the picture that includes his "movember" mustache, which I am happy to report is history!!
That looks like so much fun!! And I'm with Tara...the talk of seafood is making me crave it! Love the last picture..adorable!!:)
Very fun! It would be cool if the cow costume fit Lainie next year, but maybe not given how young Ruthie was when she wore it.
The leash thing cracks me up! I'm sure you've seen the stylish backpacks that the kids wear so it doesn't look as bad as a regular leash :)
Post a Comment