Monday, August 8, 2011

Mom's Don't get Sick Days


Wow. These past two weeks have been a doozy. I got sick almost 2 weeks ago and was out of commission. Thankfully, my in-laws summer trip coincided with me getting sick and they have been majorly picking up the slack and taking care of Ruthie.

I know things take longer to heal when you're pregnant, but good grief, 2 weeks with a fever and feeling bad is seriously enough. I'm over it. I'm sick of laying around, sick of not doing things, and really sick of complaining about being sick. I'm sure everyone around me is ready for that to stop too!

So, for the past two weeks I've been on the couch and Ruthie has been having so much fun with Grandma
and Grandpa
Its definitely safe to say she absolutely loves her baby stroller, especially when Daddy races her around.

She also loves her new toy chest too.

Theres the last two week update! I am so incredibly thankful that we've had family here for this time period, it has made a huge difference.

On a side note, I failed my one hour gest. diabetes test last week so tomorrow I go back for the 3 hour. Even though I know its minor in the grand scheme of things I would love to pass this test and not have gest. diabetes. If you would pray that I pass I would really appreciate it.

Hopefully, I'm back up and blogging, there is a lot going on in our house to update on!

4 comments:

Tara said...

So sorry you've been sick Grace! I'm praying for a quick road to recovery.

And I failed my 1-hr test with Nathan and Natalie too, but ended up being fine after the 3-hr one. However, with Samuel and Samantha, I failed the 3 hr and had to monitor the gestational diabetes with diet. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though. Praying for you!

Jacki R. said...

That is no fun :(

So glad for you that they were there visiting at just the right time though! That's a huge blessing right there!

Emma tried that with her doll stroller a couple of months and... rrrrrrip! I was able to fix it but thankfully Ruthie is a lot lighter :)

Lindsey said...

Oh no! I hate that you haven't been feeling well. That's hard enough with a toddler running around; I can't imagine how hard it must be with a toddler AND being pregnant (AND in this heatwave)! Hope you're feeling 100% in no time!

Erika Trevathan said...

Oh, I'm sorry you have been having a rough last couple of weeks. But thank goodness for small miracles and Ruthie having her grandparents to keep her busy while you were sick. I will pray for you about your glucose test. Good Luck!!:)