Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nesting-Take 2


So when I was pregnant with Ruthie, nesting set in and it was all about cleaning and organizing and getting her nursery ready.

This time around, we decided to get a little more dramatic and redo our kitchen cabinets and countertops and put new floors in. No big deal right ;-). Especially at 7 months pregnant and unable to really do much to help with the reno! Here's our kitchen before...ugh.

We're really pumped about it and are hoping our cabinets will be in either later this week or early next week.

Our floors arrived last week and are currently acclimating in our den ;-). We went with an engineered strand natural bamboo. We learned through months of research that homes near the beach shouldn't have solid wood floors because there isn't a conditioned space below it and most manufacturers warranties are void if you put them down. Glad we found that out before!Our house is about to be a complete construction zone.

There's also lots of this

and new lights, which I'm really pumped about.

Its going to be a process, but I'll be sure to keep updating about it. Joel is doing the work himself so he's got quite the project ahead. Its going to be incredible and really make a difference in our home. We're able to add about another foot to our kitchen, which is going to be awesome. I'll give the details on the cabinets, etc. when where at that part. I think Ruthie and I are going to be planning lots of playdates to stay out of the construction zone!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Can't wait to see the progress!!!!