Sunday, June 13, 2010

Beach Baby


Well...one day :-). Ruthie got the cutest bathing suit from Aunt Phyllis and it actually fits her! Let me take that back, it fits her lengthwise, her little skinny legs don't quite fill it out yet. We think it is the cutest ever and can't wait to take her in the water (much later :-).

Ruthie has had some good nights, one night she went 6 hours which felt like an eternity. It hasn't happened again, but it happened once so I'm confident it will happen again. We got the miracle blanket last week (thanks for the tip!) and love it. Its still really hard for her to go to sleep, she fights it hard, but she can't flail in it and scratch herself. Its great and really soft!

We're doing good with a consistent wake and bedtime and she is eating every 2 1/2-3 hours. I believe she's about to hit a growth spurt so I'm assuming she's going to be eating around the clock again. I feel much more prepared for it this time since I know (I think) that its coming. I won't be starving her this time to try and keep the schedule!

She has definitely intentionally smiled at us a few times and of course, we think its the greatest thing that's ever happened. I haven't gotten a picture of it yet because I'm too busy talking in a really high pitched voice and making silly faces at her :-). I'll be sure to NOT get that on camera!

We are really loving every day with her!

4 comments:

Tara said...

So glad that the swaddling and miracle blanket are helping!!! You sound like you are a great mommy...high pitched voice and all!!

PS. Love the bathing suit!

leah said...

so cute! Sounds like everything is going so well!

Jacki R. said...

Love it! Cute, cute, cute swimmer!

Sara said...

hey there! sounds like she's doing fine with sleep! ethan didn't sleep through the night until 11 weeks old and from that day on he slept 10 hours every night. (and now sleeps 12!) it was like one day he couldn't do it and then all of a sudden the next day he could. she'll get there. (she is precious by the way!)

if you can get the evenings to be very routine and scheduled, you can handle just getting up for one feeding. we did that for a while and it was really tolerable. we had him awake with us all evening until really late like 10:30, then we all went down and he got up at 3am-ish to eat, then we worked really hard to get him back down asap, and he slept until 7-ish. we had that schedule for about a month until he started sleeping 9pm-7am which was a dream come true. then a few months later we bumped the 9pm to 8pm. it's all about baby steps and patience.

ahh! i could write a novel, sorry! just wanted to say keep it up and be patient. you're doing great!