Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Long Time No Blog

I might be the slackest blogger ever.  There are lots of reasons to bore you with but to be honest I just haven't felt like it.  We've been having a lot of fun this summer with lots of things to blog about and I'm hoping to get back on the wagon so I don't forget these memories!  Here is a random update of life!

Joel built the girls a learning tower from the Ana White website and we're loving it. Lainie is a walking hazard, so having something that keeps her from falling off is awesome. They're both loving it and  its crazy to me that I now have two (soon to be three) kitchen helpers.

One of my favorite pictures of my favorite people reading in the hammock.
  More books in beautiful dresses.  Ruthie now refuses to wear anything but beautiful dresses, every single day.  I wish I had realized years ago how much easier dresses are (one piece of laundry) after they started walking, especially when its hot. Plus they look so cute.
 To celebrate my sisters college graduation (working full time, kids full time, school full time, running half marathons, etc....... my sister is pretty incredible), my Mom treated my sisters and I to an awesome night in a local hotel.  We shopped, ate and relaxed.  Its always one of my favorite times when its with my Mom and sisters. It was awesome and this is the only picture I took!!  Shame!
 
We've been going up to our local community center to let the girls play, especially on rainy days. Over the past few months I've realized the value of an open gym!  I think the girls wanted Joel to do this over and over and over.
 Joel and I got to go on a pre-baby date to see the Lumineers in concert. It was one of the best concerts we've been to, and it was such an awesome night.  Thanks to Papa and Gigi for watching the girls!

 Let me introduce you to Pete and Repeat (as my Grandma would call them). Lainie now does EVERYTHING Ruthie does, it is so cute.
 Hilarious.

Our playgroup held a little shower for baby Ellie, they called Pampers and Pedis.  We got pedicures and they each brought us pampers. It was awesome and I really recommend doing this for baby showers!  The pedicure was awesome, we had snacks and I think all we really need right now are pampers, so it was just perfect and relaxing.  There must be something in  the water here, of the 6 of us, 5 are either pregnant or just had baby's!  Its awesome.
 
Thanks for remembering us and I'm hoping to have more structured blogs regularly soon!  Countdown to Ellie....probably 4 weeks, due date 5 weeks out, I have my doubts she'll wait that long.....

2 comments:

Linda said...

I can so relate as you can see by the title of my blog post today! Glad to have you back so we can see cute pics of your adorable family! Hope you keep feeling great these next 4 weeks...you look terrific! I know your Mom enjoyed your girls night out as much as you did!!

Tara said...

Loved seeing these pictures and a recap of your adventures!