Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Our Big Three Year Old

There really isn't a better word to describe Ruthie right now than sweet. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.  She has been so incredibly sweet lately and I really almost can't stand it.  She has her moments of spice, but to her core, she is sweet.

I'm not sure if there has ever been a child that has loved their birthday more than Ruthie. She has been excited about it for months and it was amplified when she got a surprise early birthday party at Grandma's house in Washington.  I'm trying to get our trip up on the blog, so I'll put that birthday party in that section.  Safe to say, she loved the weeks celebrating her birthday!  We're three weeks out from her party and we still talk about it daily.  She is so much fun.
 We had (at Ruthie's request), a backyard birthday party. I think she thinks that's just how birthday parties are and that is good with us!  We had food, balloons, the little bouncy house and great people.


She was really, really excited about her kitty cat cupcakes (to match her shirt!).

 Lainie was not as thrilled about the birthday party.  This was the first day of the most miserable week of Lainie's life.  It was the start of her canines coming in and from this Saturday to the next, we were all miserable.  It didn't dampen the party at all, but wow, these teeth are tough for this girl.
 A huge highlight to the party, was the Rapunzel outfit, and wig she got from Gigi and Papa.
 Hilarious!
 My sweet, three year old!
 Of course, my super helper Gigi.  I don't know what I would've done without Gigi (as usual).
 She was happy about the cupcakes!  This is her, I dare you...try and touch it, face.  Trust me, none of us would get near that cupcake.
 She's so big!
 All of her cousins were able to come to her party which made Ruthie's day.  She loves her cousins so, so much and it is so much fun when they're around.
 
We had a great day celebrating our big three year old with family and friends. It was a perfect day and Ruthie loved every second of it!

1 comment:

leah said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday party to celebrate. Can't believe your sweet girl is 3!