Oh Baby baby baby, you have been quite the experience! I guess I haven't done any updates on this pregnancy mainly because I've been pretty sick so here's my recap (mainly for my memory).
I found out I was pregnant on a Thursday night I think, and I was so shocked I laid on the floor for about 4 hours, I don't think I could physically get up. Literally face down on our floor in a full body sweat...for hours. Not because I wasn't happy or thankful, but I was so completely shocked and overwhelmed I didn't know what else to do. We knew we wanted more kids and we were thinking probably when Ruthie went to kindergarten, hah! I think the week prior I had said multiple times to Joel how I couldn't believe how much easier things with the girls had gotten lately....should've known!
After I got myself up off the floor (by the way this entire time Joel was beyond excited, constantly telling me how great this was and how excited he was and on and on. All while I continued to lay on the floor in a full body sweat), and the shock wore off the excitement started. And shortly thereafter, the sickness started.
I think it was exactly week 7 where the throwing up started and the just feeling completely awful. We were so happy to have Aunt Jessica and Uncle Tim with us the week of Christmas and I'm not sure if I got up off the couch the entire time. I was so thankful to have the extra hands and attention for the girls.
I honestly believed I would get a break on the sickness this time. It just seemed like since we had a 1 and 2 year old to care for, that would happen and also if I thought it would be great, it would be. Power of positive thinking, right? Totally wrong. This has definitely been the toughest, sickest pregnancy yet. I'm not posting all this to complain or have a pity party, I'm posting it so that when I come back and have forgotten all this it is written down to jar my memory!
I thought by week 12 I would be done, but it continued, then I thought by week 16 it would definitely be done (thats how long it lasted with Ruthie), but it continued, and I continued to throw up and throw up. Finally at our 18+ week ultrasound visit the doctor put me on Zofran and I am on day five of no throwing up! I still have moments of feeling yucky but not throwing up is incredibly freeing. We're to the point now where both my girls make really good throwing up noises.
Onto the good part, at week 18.5 I've gained about 15 pounds. The crazy thing about this sickness is that eating (horribly) makes me feel better. If I can scarf down a bacon covered pizza, I stop throwing up for a while. So, despite the sickness I've got no problem gaining weight! It could be a problem now that I'm not throwing up!
I've looked pregnant from about the moment I found out which I expected since I've been pregnant pretty much since 2009! I don't have any pictures thusfar I don't think!
Gender: This house is all girls! We found out last week and I've thought girl from the start and would've been shocked if it were a boy. We're pretty well set for a girl so that makes it easier!
Movement:
Not really. The placenta is again in between the baby and my stomach (I'm convinced its for the baby's protection), so over the past few days I've had a few hints of movement, but nothing like i expected for my third baby (I still can't believe that). I'm getting so big that I'm sure we'll both feel her move soon.
Maternity Clothes:
Oh yeah, from about week 8. I'm not even trying to pretend like I can fit into my regular clothes this time. My hips shifted early, and that was it.
Stretch marks:
Not yet, but if I keep eating like this I'm thinking I might make up for the last two pregnancy's.
Best Moment thus far:
The past 5 days of not throwing up. Hands down. So wonderful.
Food Cravings:
Pizza, Chinese, fries. Whatever is awful and will make me stop puking. I'm hoping it changes to a little bit healthier things very very soon.
Belly Button:
Still in, but man does it hurt.
Wedding Rings:
On
What I'm looking forward to:
Energy. Where is this second trimester feeling great??? At our appt. last week the doctor told me that usually when people have 3 babies back to back, the third one is really hard, and generally you have a short time of feeling good, then at 35 weeks it all goes downhill. She had three babies in 3.5 years so it was also her experience.
Other:
Heartburn came rapidly pretty much exactly when I started taking the zofran. I haven't heard of that being a side effect at all, so it may just be coincidence, needless to say the tums are on the countertop.
Also at our appointment last week the doctor read our file, asked where we lived in relation to the hospital, and looked at Joel and said "do you know how to deliver a baby?" Half joking, half not. We laughed and he said that he'd rather not. After discussing how quickly the baby's have come thusfar and where we live, she thinks we should schedule to have her exactly at 39 weeks. That doesn't mean a typical induction, but pretty much just like Lainie, where I go in, they break my water and if all goes as it has in the past, I have a baby pretty fast. No pitocin or drugs (other than the epidural), just more controlled. We are completely on board with this plan as of now. Of course, I know anything can happen or change, but if there is a way to avoid Joel delivering our baby, or her coming in the car, or Joel missing it entirely, I've rather take that route. My sister tried to have her baby in the car and I don't think she'd do it again! We'll see. It was really nice and reassuring to have our doctor know our history, take me seriously, also have had 3 babies in 3 years, and feel comfortable with her.
I think thats the update for now, this was really long and wordy and I feel like was complaining. Not my intention, but I want to remember honestly what happened. Time is flying, like usual!
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys! The part about you on the floor for hours made me literally laugh out loud. I'm pretty sure I would've had the same reaction. And another girl - wow! I hope this pregnancy turns around for you soon...and that you feel great all the way to the end. :)
Oh man Grace, I feel for you! I threw up for 42 weeks with Aiden and 41 with Easton! It is no fun...Aiden was the only 3 y/o who used the word nauseous and vomit :-). I hope the zofran continues to work for you! Congratulations!
Way behind on blogs, so congratulations on Baby #3!! You were just made to be a mommy of girls I guess. Hope you continue feeling better!
So glad you are feeling better now!! Praying for a high energy pregnancy from now on :)
Congratulations!!! So happy for you and glad that you are not throwing up anymore.Yay for Zofran!!!
Post a Comment