Wow am I behind! Thank goodness for a deadline on the 2nd of every month for my sweet baby's update. We are very close to having two walking kids and no crawling baby anymore and I can't stand it. Here is our month 11 update!
Eating:
We're definitely making progress! We've found that Lainie LOVES cheese. String cheese, cheddar cheese, colby jack, etc. Loves it. Right now that is definitely her favorite food. Her other favs are yogurt, black beans, happy tot stage 3 squeezie pouches, pasta, banana bread, sweet potatoes, green peas and bananas. She really likes to chew on apples if I'm holding the apple, I think they feel good on her chompers. I have to be careful with apples because she'll bite a piece off and promptly start gagging on it.
Its been a slower introduction for Lainie to solid foods, but she's doing great and eating all sorts of things now. I think she could eat anything that is soft with some texture, but she still gags a little bit, although she's losing.
The only thing I know of now that she obviously doesn't like is oatmeal. Hopefully that will change, we'll keep trying!
She eats 3 meals a day at 7:30am, 11:30am, and 5:30pm.
As far as nursing goes, our schedule has gotten much more flexible. Usually she nurses at 7am, either 11am or 1pm, 4pm, and 6:30pm. She is fine if she misses a feeding (other than the first and the last) since she is eating so much regular food.
She likes puffs okay (I think they've lost their novelty), cheerios (sort of), goldfish, graham crackers, and baby mum mums for snacks (and cheese).
Size:
She is still so big. I'm guessing she's about 20/21 pounds and in size 12-18 month clothes and some 18-24 month clothes. Its shocking to put Lainie in clothes Ruthie literally just got out of! She is still in size 4 diaper.
Nighttime Sleep:
Baby still loves her wall! She sleeps from about 7pm-7am. In.Cred. Ible.
Daytime Sleep:
If we're at home, she'll sleep from about 9am-12pm, and 2pm-4pm. If we're out and about, she sleeps from about 12:30pm-3:30/4pm.
Mobility:
She could SO walk! She has taken several step over the last few weeks and now can easily go from sitting to standing without pulling up on anything.
She has amazing shocks too, when you're holding her hand and let go she has the most controlled down ever! If you hold her hand with one finger she almost runs across the room. She is FAST! It won't be long before there are just walkers in my house, sniff sniff.
Eyes:
Blue baby.
Paci:
Just in the crib and carseat (or if we're out in a store). She doesn't love it like her sister, but she does love it.
Hair:
In comes the mullet! Just like Ruthie, the back is growing in long and it is time for her first snip! The top of her hair is long but the front hasn't come in at all. Her hair seem to be coming in lighter too.
Signs/Words:
She's a clapper! She waves bye bye, claps, plays peekaboo (loves peekaboo) and dances her head off. She hasn't signed other than that but is very attentive when we do. She says MaMa, DaDa, and makes a lot of sounds. Her most prominent sound is her teradactyl scream, its pretty sweet,
Teeth:
Still the bottom two. I think more are coming, the chewing has started again and the drool also! I'm thinking its more on the bottom but we'll see!
Doesn't Love:
-Still at the top of the list is having things taken from her. She does NOT like it and will let you know! She'll give you a warning scream and it cracks us up. She is so funny.
-oatmeal
Loves:
-The Swing (outside, we put the baby swing up a long time ago)
-her sister
-all of her sisters drinks (I don't think we're going to have any problem making the transition to milk, almost daily I turn around to find her chugging Ruthie's milk, as soon as Ruthie yells "don't drink my milk NayNay". She can get to her milk in about 1 second flat). I now give them all the same cups but somehow she knows which ones are Ruthie's and apparently water takes better out of Ruthie's cup.
-Chloe. She's really showing interest in Chloe and loves to pat her. Its cute and Chloe is so so good.
-peekaboo. Loves it.
-being tickled
-singing
-Being chased, one of my favorite things in life.
-Dancing. usually if we're in a store with music playing, if Lainie is in the stroller, she is dancing. Cracks me up.
-playing with hair. Her's or mine, doesn't matter. Its usually when she's tired and its really sweet.
-blowing bubbles and making her piggy face. hilarious.
-Life.
Other:
Lainie still does great playing by herself.
There is no one she thinks is funnier than her sister. She is the sweetest ever to put to bed when she's sleepy. She has a sleepy giggle that Joel and i think is the cutest.
Lainie is so happy and such a great baby. She is nothing but a blessing and we are so incredibly fortunate that she is ours! I love seeing how much my girls love each other. This month was so much fun, and I can't even get my head around next months update!
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
She is growing so fast! So beautiful and such a big girl now!
Post a Comment