Well, not really.
Really, we went to Papa and Gigi's house (which is essentially a resort for me and completely like going to Disney world for my kids). We had so much fun, and stayed an entire week!
We planned this trip around a wedding Joel and I were planning on going to over the weekend. Sadly, Lainie and I both got sick (in the summer????) and we didn't do much more than sleep and go to the doctor over the weekend so we weren't able to make it to the wedding. However, I'm not sure if there is a better place to be sick than Gigi's house. I knew the girls were having the time of their lives, Joel had some help, the food was delish and I could just sleep and get well. Thank you Gigi!
Thankfully, it was a short-lived virus and outside of it, we had a wonderful time. Ruthie was absolutely beside herself to be at GigiPapa's house. For a few days ahead of time she would tell me, "storytime, GigiPapa's house, ChloChlo ride backseat" then hysterically laugh. Translation: Wednesday we go to storytime, Thursday we go to GigiPapa's and Chloe will ride in the backseat which I think is the funniest thing of my entire 2 years of life.
Ruthie love love loves PapaGigi. Its sort of an obsession (that she is still having meltdowns about not being at PapaGigi's Howwwwse)
She loved picking 'baby maytas' and basil with Gigi,
having tea parties with Papa.(one of my favorite pictures! It looks like she smiled so hard she sprouted pigtails.)
Lainie loved all the new toys (it is so awesome to not have to take ANY toys! Love that about PapaGigi's disneyworld!
I love this picture, she wanted to give Papa a kiss and this is about as far as she made it before cracking up laughing. Cute!
Lainie of course loved everything (except the car ride there)
She had to pull her chair over next to Papa and sit "right der"
Lainie got the royal treatment and chomped away on some watermelon.
My girl loves her Papa and she is Papa's girl (she will tell you that also). She would hug, pat pat, put her hand on Papa's cheek and just smile and say Oh PaaaaPa. So so so sweet!
Gigi is so funny!
So much fun!
There is also this awesome pretty in yellow picture I already put up that I love
Papa and Gigi are so awesome they give me their bedroom and move to the guest room just so that Lainie will have the closet to sleep in. Let me tell you, it was incredible. Every night she slept 12+ hours and I almost moved in permanently just for that fact.Thank you Papa and Gigi, sleep filled nights are something I haven't experienced in months and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Amazing.
We did lots of fun things with her cousins and a friend who came and stayed with us. Those are coming up this week.
Thank you PapaGigi for everything, we had the best time ever and loved every second of staying with you!
4 comments:
That's what grandparents are for! So thankful you got to spend a whole week and I know they loved it as much as you did. Precious pictures!
It sounds like it was a relaxing weekend! Loved the Ruthie translation and the picture with her cute pigtails. And Lainie is getting so big. And of course yay! for 12 straight hours of sleep!
What a wonderful week!!!!
Very fun! I totally understand what you mean by it feeling like a vacation. It's great to have those extra family hands and eyes around!!
Post a Comment