For Ruthie's 2nd birthday party I went back and forth about different ideas for what she would like the most. I started out with a beach party but after realizing the logistics of getting everything down there, bathroom, etc. (thanks Gigi), the backyard bash seemed like the perfect solution. We didn't have a big party, we only invited 3 of her little friends, and had family and some neighbors stop by. I didn't want it to be overwhelming to her and I think it was just the right number for her.
Gigi (and Papa) came down before the birthday weekend and Gigi helped make lots of flowers to decorate outside. I didn't take enough pictures of that, but here is one with the 2 poster I made.
We hung lots of balloons around the fence, and on the little playhouse.
It was a gorgeous day and definitely hot, so we had the baby pools out
We had the bouncey house for the kids. Ruthie, at this moment, is not a fan of a bouncey house. She's warming up to it, but hasn't quite come around yet.
Thankfully, the other kids loved it!
We had the party in the morning (before naptime!) and ordered pizza and had snacks (goldfish, peanut butter filled pretzels, animal crackers, juice boxes and water). A note for me to remember, we ordered WAY WAY WAY too many pizzas. I thought we'd eat maybe 5, so we ordered 7 I think. In total, we ate 2! Two pizzas. When I was pregnant, Joel and I could easily put away two pizzas?? Still strange to me.
Gigi brought her snow cone machine and we had snow cones, which was the perfect treat on a hot day! The kids loved them!!
Then it was time for cake, or in this case, sugar cookie butterfly cake!
There was lots of holding Lainie
and Cousin time!
But the best part of the day was seeing a super happy a two year old piggy tailed girl!
Feeding her new "pet" turtle ottoman a marshmallow!
Swinging with her snack
It was a great day and a huge Thanks to Gigi for all your help! Like usual, I couldn't have done it without you!! We were totally exhausted (I don't know why), but this sweet girl had the time of her life and I can't wait to see what this year holds!








.jpg)
.jpg)


3 comments:
What a fun, perfect party for her! I loved the butterfly cake!!!
Looks like the perfect birthday celebration for Ruthie...right at home and lots of fun! Her butterfly cake looks beautiful and what a great idea!
That is one fun party! Sounds like everything was the perfect speed for a two year old party. I love the snow cone idea!
Is the bounce house yours too?! The play house is so cute!
Love those piggie tails :)
Post a Comment