How my sweet baby is already 5 months old is beyond me. She grows sweeter every day and adds so much joy to not only Joel and my lives but also her best friend and sister. I love it and am so thankful for the relationship my girls have. It is something I couldn't have imagine. Here is her 5 month update
Eating:
She is still nursing every three hours during the day. We've given her rice cereal and an avocado/milk mixture occassionally but not consistently. I think we're going to wait a few weeks to get serious about it.
I made the decision to cut dairy from my diet about 3 weeks ago. Lainie wasn't showing blaring signs of a dairy sensitivity, but she had a few things that we thought might make it worth trying. Half my diet is cheese so I wasn't sure how it was going to go, and its gone surprisingly well. I think it has definitely helped Lainie and of course that makes it totally worth it. I think overall I'm eating better which is better for both of us. I still put a little bit of milk in my iced coffee, but I think thats about it. Eventually, I'll add back cheese and drink a huge glass of milk, but I think its been a good wake up call about how much butter I could easily cut from our diets and not miss it. The main thing I miss about butter is cookies, but thats another post! Back to Lainie!
Foods she is sensitive to: dairy, tomatoes, pizza (pretty much most italian and mexican I lived off of!)
Size:
At her last doctors appt. which was about 4 1/2 months she was 14 pounds, 12. 5 ounces (57%), 25 3/4 " (85%). Just like we thought, super long and skinny.
As a comparison Ruthie was 13 pounds and 24 1/2 inches.
She is in 6 month clothes which are definitely not too big. I'm not getting anymore 6 month clothes for her, I don't think 9 month clothes are far off. Time to change the drawers out!
Night time Sleep:
This month has been all over the place again. She's had a few major growth spurts and been up every 3 hours or so. She goes to sleep usually between 7:30-8:00pm and on a good night will sleep until 4 or 5am. Other nights, she'll sleep from about 7:30-2am, which is still decent. After eating, she'll go right back down until 6:30am or 7am.
Daytime Sleep:
She has gotten on a really great schedule when we're at home. I put her down awake, and She usually sleeps from about 8am-10am, 11am-12:30pm ish, and 2-4pm. Some days she'll take an evening cat nap from about 5:15-5:45pm or so.
Lainie, like her sister, gets sick of being held and sometimes just wants to be put down. I finally wised up one day and just laid her down awake and off to sleep she went. It was a great realization!
She still 98% of the time wakes up so happy, its so sweet!
Mobility:
She can roll from tummy to back and is so close to rolling from her back to her tummy. We keep thinking she's minutes from doing it, so we'll see! She's really pushing up on her arms during tummy time now also. I love this non-mobile stage, its fun to see her doing new things.
She is also really good at standing up and just needs help balancing. 
She's getting close to sitting up also!
Down she goes!
TIMMMM BEERRRRRRR
Eyes:
All blue and sparkley! Her eyes seem to be getting bigger and brighter every week
Paci:
Still only at naptime and night time.
Swaddled:
Yes, love it.
Nickname:
NayNay all the way.
Hair:
Her hair is such a soft fuzz that sticks up and so cute! She's starting to grow a little bit of hair in the bald spot on the back of her hair.
She loves:
She loves almost everything. She coos, blows bubbies and rasberries. She is really proud of that! She really enjoys all toys and plays with them. She's very interested in touching everything she can reach. 
She loves to be lifted over your head like an airplane. Still loves the saucey, and a new toy I got off Craigslist that I thought was more for Ruthie but Lainie likes it more than Ruthie does.
Side Note-this may be one of my favorite pictures yet. They were both having so much fun together, hopefully the first of many!
She still loves to be talked to and smiled at.
She also really loves the beach and being outside.
She seems to always be studying her surroundings.
She doesn't love:
being kept awake when she's sleepy, the carseat when she's wide awake, strangers.
Other:
Lainie needs to learn your face before she'll go happily to anyone. I guess its the start of stranger anxiety. Once she gives you a smile, you're good to go, but until then, she can pucker bigtime and turn on the tears. Its pitiful!
She is still so easy going and goes with about anything happily. She's predictable, smiley, laughs a lot, is very ticklish, she loves to kick her feet and loves a bath.
She still will randomly lay her head down on Joel's chest, and it is still one of the sweetest things we've ever seen.
She can hold items easily and keeps ahold of them.
I think thats about it for month 5. Love love love this baby and can't imagine life without her!
2 comments:
What a sweetie! I can't get over how different her and Ruthie look!
Happy 5 months Lainie! I can certaintly relate to the dairy sensitivity. I had to cut it all out at around 2 months and once she turned one and we switched her from breastmilk we found she has a full out dairy allergy (and shrimp too we recently discovered). Hope that is not the case for Lainie!!
Post a Comment